Running OP-1 through pedals

Hey all, I have a pretty sweet setup as far as pedals go, and I love running the OP-1 through them, I just have one question. Do you know of an easy way to run the OP-1 through some effects, and then back into the OP-1 itself for recording? The problem I run into when running everything through them is that I don’t always want the drums to have the effects, or every sound to have the same pedals on. Would I just split the output signal and run one into my speaker and the other into the recording input on the OP-1? would that work?

Haven’t tried this but it was mentioned a few days ago in this thread:

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3164/equivelant-of-a-recording-insert#latest

ahhh, ok thanks! shoudl have searched a little more. I’ll check it out

I guess running it back in would give you a blend of your output and the input… i.e. Using the jack icon via shift + mic button, then enable in tape screen… Would be cool if you could get just the wet signal recorded…

oh yeah, that’s a good point…I suppose recording the part with a looper would work too but that seems like kind of a pain and could be hard to get timed just right.

I could be missing something. Someone smarter than me will chime in any moment now.

I think it kind of answers itself: split the output, run to the pedal, record that back in as a “wet” version, then delete the original version. Anyone tried this?

oh I think I get it…I was thinking I would be playing the part live and recording again, but I believe that post is saying that you need to record what you want on track 1, then mute all the other channels, run through the pedal, and record it onto a different track (with the volume muted on the track you are recording onto so you don’t hear both versions at the same time).