Ghost tape tracks and dup sample crashes : OP-1 Errors

Hi all, wanted to run some weird stuff by you guys before pinging TE. These are a couple errors I’ve seen lately with the OP-1 :

Duplicate sample crashes

A hard crash with error messages on the screen will occur when you :

1) Have any .aiff file in your custom folder on the OP-1
2) Put the OP-1 in disk mode
3) copy and replace new versions of the same .aiff files (in this case pure samples, not synth presets) with the same name into the same folder
4) hit the “OP-1” button to exit disk mode

Now when you navigate to your custom folder in the synth preset browser you will see two copies of each file, each identically named. Scrolling down to one of them will cause a hard crash with error messages on the screen, and you will have to unplug the USB cable to turn off the device. The only solution at this point is to wipe the OP-1.

Ghost tape tracks

This occurs at random, seemingly. You will record a portion of a tape track within a loop. In some cases even though there is recorded material on the tape track, the line designating a recorded portion will not be visible. If you hit the record button you will see the line designating recorded material, but not be able to lift it. At this point you have to go and lift another visible section of tape, put it over the ghost section, and then lift it again to delete the section.

Anyone else experienced these issues?

i’ve had the ghost tape stuff - record silence overdubbing the region to get around it. defo a bug.

re duplicate sample crashes - the OP1 imports changed files to its own database (even filesystem) so you’re asking for trouble when playing around with duplicates.

i've had the ghost tape stuff - record silence overdubbing the region to get around it. defo a bug.

re duplicate sample crashes - the OP1 imports changed files to its own database (even filesystem) so you're asking for trouble when playing around with duplicates.

thanks for the advice regarding the tape, i’ll give that a try.