Sync sequencer to external midi clock

Is it possible to sync the sequencer to an external Midi clock. I am using OpLab. The Tape playback syncs just fine, but the sequencer e.g. on hold mode doesn’t respect the midi clock. Did I miss something or is this just not working?

the tempo of the sequencers will sync to midi clock, but not start/stop msgs, those go to the tape transport.

it still works, u just start the sequencer manually.

it works on a special midi channel. think 5 or 6 or so… if you hit play on whatever is the master the sequencer will start in Sync.

judge me if iam wrong. …maybe its midi channel 3. proof it. :slight_smile:

it works on a special midi channel. think 5 or 6 or so... if you hit play on whatever is the master the sequencer will start in Sync.

judge me if iam wrong. ....maybe its midi channel 3. proof it. :)

Could anyone confirm this?

I’m considering the kenton midi usb host for syncing. But if the op-1 won’t receive start/stop-messages it seems that you might as well punch in the correct bpm and trigger sequencers (or what have you) manually. No?

Yes only the tape transport and clock are received.

If you want to start an Op1’s sequencer, you’ll have to send a “note on” message to the OP1.
It works fine with an Octatrack set to Master.
Yes only the tape transport and clock are received.
If you want to start an Op1's sequencer, you'll have to send a "note on" message to the OP1.
It works fine with an Octatrack set to Master.

Yes, only tape transport and clock are recieved, but you can send note on messages to start the sequencer? I’m confused.

Yes, from an external sequencer or even from Ableton Live, if you send a midi note to the OP1 on the correct midi channel, the sequencer will start. The same way you would press one of the key of the OP1. If the OP is set to receive a clock, the sequencer will play on time.

Ah cool. Thanks for clearing that up!