BUY A PO-XX CASE

One accidental knock of a headphone later.

(honestly, other than record mode, most of the things you do on this you don’t need the screen to know their state, so. still works! here’s hoping I can repair / replace before August)

Aw that’s rough. Is the screen totally wrecked or can you fix it by replacing the outer filter? If you can, you could do inverse display for kicks.

ohh god must baby PO-

amusing- the weight of the op1 causes it to break its jacks. Po is so small the jacks yank it right off the table…
Aw that's rough. Is the screen totally wrecked or can you fix it by replacing the outer filter? If you can, you could do inverse display for kicks.

not sure what that means! would love to find a way to get this to work :wink: I do see things change when i select new sounds or patterns, so the circuitry appears in tact, just the uh, crystal itself is smashed pretty good.

Damn, that is brutal. That should be covered by warranty, but sucks so bad as they are so rare right now. Feel for you homie, thanks for the heads up! The case doesn’t even protect the screen, there are going to be screen protectors, but they prevent scratches, would they have even made a difference here? don’t know.

Yeah, I emailed TE, but am guessing shipping there and back is roughly the cost of another PO. Oh well, still makes beats. :slight_smile:

@charlesv well hopefully the crystal is still fine. that top plate of glass/whatever is a polarizer (filters out light that doesn’t match its polarity.) smashed up like that, it might be putting pressure on the crystal, preventing it from working right. if that’s the only problem, you can replace the polarizer, which you don’t need to get from TE as long as it’s the right size/shape. if you get the ‘wrong’ polarity, you this will happen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-crystal_display#mediaviewer/File:LCDneg.jpg

Feeling it I think the top plate is fine, the crystal is what’s jacked. Ohhhhhh welll

@charlesv that’s what happens when you wear bright red sunglasses indoors. No but really this breaks my heart. All in all, you had a working PO before most of us so you’re still lucky.

It’s a good use case for working in the dark if nothing else :wink:

As an aside, TE got back to me and they don’t have any ability to repair these (likely due to cost, it’s more expensive for labor and shipping than to just get a new one), so my only recourse is to order and wait til April.

I’ll probably keep using it like this til April and see if demand’s died down at all, and/or pick up a sub to accompany it (hell, then I can use the sub’s BPM display ;))

That’s the sort of thing that happens to me so you have my sympathy!

I’ve ordered up all three and cases however my guess is that my order is months away and the cases even further.

It’s only occurred to me now that the cost (with cases and shipping) is quite comparable to the Korg Volcas. What do you make of your PO as a product?

I love it, even with the busted screen. I don’t see myself using it all the time, but for bringing along to play with people, or making beat on the go, it’s wonderful. It’s my first true hardware grid/step sequencer, and now I’m hooked. Might pick up a volca beats or bass next, or a beatstep and some other gear. The small form factor is great, the workflow is tight – punching in fx is fun, but I wish I could have two “memories” i.e. run a filter over a beatcrush and revert back to the beatcrush I recorded. For the price, though, great fun, great sounds.

Oosh, that point about the PO+Case price…

It’s only occurred to me now that the cost (with cases and shipping) is quite comparable to the Korg Volcas. What do you make of your PO as a product?

Damn. Well, now I can’t deny myself a Volca set.

Oosh, that point about the PO+Case price...
It's only occurred to me now that the cost (with cases and shipping) is quite comparable to the Korg Volcas. What do you make of your PO as a product?

It’s kinda close, but PO’s with cases is like 300. All three Volcas is over 500. So they are both cheap, but Volcas are still almost twice as much.

It's only occurred to me now that the cost (with cases and shipping) is quite comparable to the Korg Volcas. What do you make of your PO as a product?

It’s kinda close, but PO’s with cases is like 300. All three Volcas is over 500. So they are both cheap, but Volcas are still almost twice as much.

This. PO+case is 101€, volcas are 130-150€ without shipping. All machines without power supply.

Last time I’m cross-posting, but here’s a vid of my broken po-12: http://youtu.be/tUpANaC1m8k

Buy a case!

This. PO+case is 101€, volcas are 130-150€ without shipping. All machines without power supply.

Ah, but secondhand Volcas are around £60-70 :wink:

I really thought there was a big difference but I got charged 223 GBP for all three and cases and shipping from TE
I’ve seen the first three Volcas going for 279 GBP, some times with a best offer on eBay. Free shipping.