PO-14/16 Symbols

Anybody know what the little symbols next to the numbers on the PO-14/16 refer to? I’m assuming it’s the synth engine for each slot, but I wonder what they mean. The manuals for both just say assorted bass synthesis
ranging from FM,
phase distortion, wavetable to physical
modeled string.” Any good guesses based on the symbols? All I see are birds and octopuses and shit.

You should absolutely email that to TE just like that. “All I see are birds and octopuses and shit.”

Please also ask them about the “male with two penises” symbol in the back… :slight_smile:

Rhythm looks like the actual type of sound 2=snare, 9=handclap, 13=cowbell, etc. while the designs on Sub & Factory reference the overall picture, probably since they use synth tones, not specific drum samples. Sub has an octopus because it’s sea related, also there’s an icon of the sub’s little bottles and tape reel. Factory best references the design with the birds, forklift, factory worker, and levers that appear onscreen. It’s like they didn’t fully realize the idea until they got to Factory.

I think the icons make the pro cases look really cool.

I wonder if these symbols could be used to control a hidden game within the units…

^ Not until we hack the firmware… then we shall use these symbols to play an Atari Adventure game.

You should absolutely email that to TE just like that. "All I see are birds and octopuses and shit."

LOL

That would make the perfect title for an all Pocket Operator album. It’ll be like the edgier version of Rumble When Bumble.

cooldude @sammyjams

(sorry, n00bed up this comment, and can’t delete)

"All I see are birds and octopuses and shit"

hahaha, best description ever!

And @sammyjams’ new EP is now going to be titled "Birds, Octopuses, and Shit."

1. Birds
2. Octopuses
3. …And Shit.
4. Operator Poctopussy

^ lol… would be an instant buy!

And @sammyjams' new EP is now going to be titled "Birds, Octopuses, and Shit."

1. Birds
2. Octopuses
3. ...And Shit.