PO User guides

https://teenage.engineering/guides/po-12

https://teenage.engineering/guides/po-14
https://teenage.engineering/guides/po-16

Seems like the sync system is very well thought out!

SWEET!

I don’t see how we can activate the built-in game. :S

I found no mention of OS updates…

They look really beautiful. Hopefully they can be downloaded in the future(manual), skeptical about OS upgrades. @marijn I bet its an easter egg secret just like the OP-1’s Chop Lifter. Not going to lie, I’m going to be searching some key combos right away.

what’s the ‘JTAG PROGRAMMING PORT’?

-https://teenage.engineering/products/po

That would be for uploading new code, probably just put there for testing/diagnostic purposes or maybe for enterprising hackers, the Oplab has JTAG pads too.

@operator91 JTAG port allows flashing and debugging, but it requires a special programmer device.

Seems like the sync system is very well thought out!

You’re not wrong there. And the OP-1 can act as a sync master with a click track hard panned left, and the rest of the tracks hard panned right. You lose stereo but still, genius!

The sync system is brilliant. You could use a Volca, Electribe, iPhone/iPad (i.e. Korg SyncKontrol), or any other number of devices as a master, plug this guy into the sync out and send a separate lead out to each PO and set them all to SY2. Then you would have all the PO’s in sync with stereo out on each one (plus two more open ports to sync other devices, if needed). Or you could just keep it simple and chain them all together. Love having options! :slight_smile:

Hopefully, the OP-1 OS update will allow it accept a sync click on the line input to keep everything nice an tight (which seems like a no brainer)…

1 Like
I found no mention of OS updates...

Talked to Jesper at NAMM. No update ready at this time

If I recall correctly the OP-1 input is two channel. I’ve always hoped some OS update would allow for stereo recording to two tape tracks, but perhaps this sync protocol has been on their minds for a while. Maybe it will be like Bluetooth or USB otg and never see the light of day…

I wonder if I could just feed the PO devices with a CV trigger from modular as the “click track”…

If that were possible I can see the appeal of a relatively easy integration with my Euro cases.
I wonder if I could just feed the PO devices with a CV trigger from modular as the "click track"...
If that were possible I can see the appeal of a relatively easy integration with my Euro cases.

It’s just an audio click so that should work fine.

I wonder if I could just feed the PO devices with a CV trigger from modular as the "click track"...

Man, I really hope TE follows through with this type of sync in an OP update. Syncing all the PO’s and OP to an A4 without the need for an iConnect would be ideal. I suppose you could sample the click and send it out via the Cue on the OT, as well.

Yeah, I would just figure out what the voltage of the audio clicks are before feeding in 5V to the headphone input. Might need to attenuate the click from the modular.

Okay reading through these manuals. TE has done it again. these things are brilliant!

I can’t get the manual links to work - shows a blank screen…

EDIT: Nevermind - they work now for me.

@GCF right: if sending a trigger or gate is too “loud” then a bit of attenuation will do.
But the input on the PO is not a “headphone” input: just a stereo jack in, who knows how it’s wired.
Anyway, it seems that I ought to be able to connect the PO with one cable to my modular, and have it sync, then have the other side send audio back into the system for further mangling/integration…

@GCF right: if sending a trigger or gate is too "loud" then a bit of attenuation will do. But the input on the PO is not a "headphone" input: just a stereo jack in, who knows how it's wired. Anyway, it seems that I ought to be able to connect the PO with one cable to my modular, and have it sync, then have the other side send audio back into the system for further mangling/integration...

PO and modular will be awesome. The reason I said headphone was because of how the sync options are set up. Since you can send audio on one channel and sync on the other, it might be an audio level sync track. Same goes for the audio/sync input side. But like you said, we won’t know how it is wired or configured until we can get an oscilloscope on it.