First two white keys triggering each other.

Whatup,

My two first white keys are playing both notes at the same time when I press either of them, hope that makes sense. It started suddenly and the problem seemed to come and go for a bit but now seems fairly consistant.

Just want to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. I have reset and formatted and contacted TE with no response as of yet.

It is a little over a year old.

Cheers.

May need to pop them off (carefully!) and clean some lint/dirt/whatever up.

Hey all, I have a similar issue. After three years of very regular use, some of my left arrow key presses do not register and some do double presses :frowning:

I guess I have to pop the key off and give it a clean. Does anybody have any advice on how to do that? (It’s the popping the key off bit I’m worried about - don’t want to break it!).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I have an old model and keynumber 2 was broking. I contacted TE and was able to buy a new keyset for 45 euro that was easy to put on myself.

@yoof TE instructions to remove and re-attach a key:

Remove the keys by lifting upwards from the left side. Remove the white plastic scissor from the key cap. Attach the scissor to the keyboard surface. Slide the metal hinge into the hooks on the keyboard surface. Press down to snap fit key cap in place.

Perfect, thanks @punji. I’m going to pluck up the courage and try this tonight.