Granular/Glitch manipulation in a next OS update?

Maybe it’s just a dream, but I’d be very happy if some sort of granular manipulations of sound will be included in a future update.
And you? :wink:

This can already be done. I forget how cause i don’t do it much. I think it can be found in the tricks thread.

it is in tape mode, setting a short loop and using shift+blue to move the audio about.

No way! I never knew you could do shift and blue while you’re looping! Gonna try that later - nice one!

Great tip, I’ll try it :slight_smile:

it is in tape mode, setting a short loop and using shift+blue to move the audio about.

no worries :slight_smile: I think this is where i learnt it from: Live OP-1 + Piano (Crank) - YouTube

But a dedicated and tuned granular synth would be a great addition!

Yeah. I’ve always assumed they would do a granular-based sound engine eventually since it’s a perfect match for the sampling/resampling capabilities.

(AFAIK the Phone FX is lo-fi granular!)

Wow great share @aswefallintostatic
What synth or controller is he playing?

Also here is what i was trying to remember:

http://youtu.be/h_A8rqjpFMg

That was a nice share.

@Blipsford_Baubie
> What synth or controller is he playing?

It looks like an Access Virus T1.

u can also do this w/ the sampler and set your start/end/loop points small, then either sweep them with the knobs or modulate w/ an LFO.

yeah, that can be good. It is irritating to do without a ‘key hold’ function however…

yeah, that can be good. It is irritating to do without a 'key hold' function however...
+1

u can use a sequencer like endless to make a quick drone.

u can use a sequencer like endless to make a quick drone.

yep, that works. Still not ideal, but its the best workaround option i think :slight_smile:

I figured out “sampler granular” thing on my own, but that piano video really impressed me. I didn’t even consider tape. (Although, you can only record it to album, but still…)