A wallet friendly portable speaker/s?

Looking a speaker or a pair, which are pretty portable, that pack a punch and don’t cost me too much moolah!

Any ideas?

I just saw that pretty JBL LED speaker… looks great. How does it sound though?

Best size-to-sound-to-value-for-money ratio that I’ve heard is the Bose Soundlink Mini. About 170 euros, so mebbe 200 bucks? Disclaimer: not sure how well it works with the OP-1.

yea the bose mini is the best one i’ve seen. its got really nice bass response (something that a lot of others lack) its still pretty small, packs a lot of volume, and battery life is good.

if u are just gunna be mucking about w/ it, u can get a much cheaper one that will still sound very good (most of them do for casual listening). just that the low lows don’t usually come out nice.

I recently got Marshall Stanmore speaker: http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10831801_1571578773057279_395414658_n.jpg

It sounds really good and works well with OP-1 and is portable. It’s not exactly cheap, but where I live, the local mobile operator has a campaign in which they give the speaker for free in exchange for getting a phone and a two year mobile subscription :slight_smile:

I heart Bose soundlink mini.

Define what wallet-friendly means to you. What’s affordable to me could put you in the poor house for all I know, or be chump change to you.

wow thats a nice freebie dude!

don’t run on battery tho

Those JBL LED speakers weren’t so impressive when I tried at a local Apple Store.

(They looked pretty amazing with all those LED lights)

Beats Pill… I have this and, although the bass could be improved, I am happy with the sound and its mobility, plus the Bluetooth option.

minirigs.co.uk are the best ones out there… i tested them agains the bose and others. this one is louder and sounds better. has better battery life… coupled with the sub they make its unbeatable, and still cheap imho…

Nude Audio Super M - mine just arrived following their Kickstarter launch. I think they’re available in the wild now.

Minirigs do rock. Have one, love it.

Define what wallet-friendly means to you. What's affordable to me could put you in the poor house for all I know, or be chump change to you.

Sorry, context… It’s nearly Christmas, I already bought an OP-1 and Korg Electrbie2 for myself, my 3 kids and wife are now sorted with presents, let’s say I can spare approx £150.

I was gearlusting for the Bose Soundlink Mini after hearing it, but after a bit of research, I think I’m gonna get a Cambridge Go. Has anybody heard how it sounds? The model with an FM radio is around 180 euros here in Finland.

Couple of X-Mini’s - £20!!!

I was gearlusting for the Bose Soundlink Mini after hearing it, but after a bit of research, I think I'm gonna get a Cambridge Go. Has anybody heard how it sounds? The model with an FM radio is around 180 euros here in Finland.

This looks ace. Good reviews too… hmm

Loghitechs boom-range are worth to look at

Nude Audio Super M - mine just arrived following their Kickstarter launch. I think they're available in the wild now.

I got a Kickstarter update saying US deliveries have been delayed due to an issue with Toll’s LA warehouse. We’ll see.

Ended up getting a Cambridge Audio GO. Really impressed by it.

Glad to hear it @hudson, getting mine next week!

Nude Audio Super M - mine just arrived following their Kickstarter launch. I think they're available in the wild now.

I got a Kickstarter update saying US deliveries have been delayed due to an issue with Toll’s LA warehouse. We’ll see.

Update: Received my Super M last week but had to leave for a few days. Will report after giving it a workout.