Noise issue through audio out (even with USB charging disabled and no fx on master)

Anyone have any advice on this? I love this thing and it's sounds great on headphones but it's always a bummer when I plug into my Duet 2 from the audio out... There is always a bunch of noise (but it isn't there on headphones). I've tried connecting just the 1/8" Y-cable to the inputs of the duet and I've tried connecting the OP-1 with both USB and 1/8" and disabling USB charging but its noisy either way. Anyone have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, a separate but related question - Is it possible to use the op-1 normally and send the audio signal over usb? That way you could toggle between using it as a control surface and as a stand-alone synth.

Thanks a ton to anyone who responds.

No audio over usb man. I have a bit of noise when I use my Saffire Pro40 but not on my m-audio transit card. I’m curious whether or not it ‘likes’ sound cards that are getting AC power. Idk dude. I usually save a piece of tape for single tracks to export before I start bouncing. That way I can mix in ableton or protools if I want.

Thanks. Gotcha. Yeah, guess I was just wondering if that was just the way it was or if there’s anything I can do to minimize the noise.

Are you using extreme drive settings or anything else strange in the master fx?

Plugged into my Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 the OP-1 is very quiet, so it is possible with certain audio interfaces.

So I think I figured this out-
basically the op-1 has just a little bit of noise … With anything… But it’s not deal breaking as long as the volume is up all the way. I think I was just plugging in with it wherever I left it with headphones on and added more gain on the interface, which just raised the noise floor. All good now.
thanks for the responses.

This is my experience with noise:

No usb :Almost no audible noise
USB connected with charging disabled :Some audible noise
USB connected with charging enabled :ZOMFG duck for the laz0rs!!!

If need be, you can always contemplate on just importing tape tracks with 0 noise.
This is my experience with noise:
No usb :Almost no audible noise
USB connected with charging disabled :Some audible noise
USB connected with charging enabled :ZOMFG duck for the laz0rs!!!

If need be, you can always contemplate on just importing tape tracks with 0 noise.

^^^^^ YUP ^^^^^

went through a couple different connection options to figure this out but sure enough the noisy signal is definitely coming from the usb––OP-1 cable. I’m using a Duet as well and thought it might have been the 1/4" adapter…

even if drive is a little bit on you get noise. turn off completely and also turn down the input red knob when in tape mode incase of effects like nitro.

I get the noise when the OP-1 goes directly to the mixer, not to the soundcard

I wonder if it is safe to try this trick: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15694&hilit=usb+noise+minitaur

usb isolator
This usb isolator kills ground loop noise.
usb isolator

http://hifimediy.com/usb-isolator

One thing is quite strange is that in my unit I am able to turn off the noise almost completely when the OPT mode is enable in mac, but win Windows it works for a few seconds and the noise comes back…

Is anyone else able to try this?

Had a similar experience. tried several cables / adapter / soundcards / etc.

Solved the issue with some cables and the other day the noise was back again.
The only (nearly) noise free solution I came up with is a DI BOX in between.
Don’t just buy one - try before. DI-boxes can also be tricky (Some DI-boxes are more or less fake)