Checking battery life.

Recently bought an OP-1 in new cosmetic condition but the unit would not turn on and the seller assumed it was a faulty battery. I was able to update the firmware and it appears to be working. I ran the sequencer for a few hours and it didn’t shut off but any ideas on how to check the battery life? Also I’m not sure how to tell when the unit is fully charged. Not sure but I think I have a basically new unit but want to get a good test on the battery.

the battery meter is notoriously not accurate sometimes
but if u hold the help button the column of leds on the right side will climb and show u battery level

Thanks! I’be been running the sequencer for about 6 hours and the meter shows about half power. Looks like it’s in good shape!

Be careful with those tests, since the OLED display may burn out. You need to leave it on a screen that keeps changing all pixels. Maybe the tombola screen, not sure…

@punji said: You need to leave it on a screen that keeps changing all pixels. Maybe the tombola screen, not sure…

DNA with RANDOM LFO and ENDLESS sequencer set to HOLD. :wink:

@punji said:
Be careful with those tests, since the OLED display may burn out. You need to leave it on a screen that keeps changing all pixels. Maybe the tombola screen, not sure…

ha reminds me of when my friend left dr. mario on his TV overnight
and the image burned onto his screen permanently

Well after 10+ hours I think its safe to say I have a good unit! Now I need a good reason to keep two of these things.