New OP-Z firmware 1.1.17

Released today via the TE homepage.
Thing is, the download gives me the same old 1.1.12 firmware. Anyone able to actually get the new version?

Here’s the list of changes in the FW:

add option to disable USB charging with SCREEN+E2 (to remove ground noise)
improve headphone / line jack detect (solves issues like getting mono with stereo cable)
add option to keep parameter page when switching track (“disable_param_ page_reset” setting to general.json)
clear step parameter locks with STEP+STOP
make temporary parameter changes (holding shift) available for all tracks
smoother volume knob interpolation
hard kill active track notes on double press TRACK+STOP
separate battery animations depending on USB state
minor bug fixes

No luck here, every link I tried gives old firmware.
Hopefully TE is reading.

@Timmy_Put said:
No luck here, every link I tried gives old firmware.
Hopefully TE is reading.

I sent them a tweet, just to make sure :slight_smile:

i haven’t tried to update the device yet but just copy the DL link and change the 12 to 17

https://teenage.engineering/_software/op-z/z_firmware_1_1_17.zfw

@docshermsticks said:
https://teenage.engineering/_software/op-z/z_firmware_1_1_17.zfw

Thanks, that did the trick, already updated mine.

“add option to keep parameter page when switching track (“disable_param_ page_reset” setting to general.json)”

this me like!

1 Like

anyone know what the E2 button is?

@timebeam: piano key extreme right next to the USB port.

@5StarNomad thank you kindly!!

@timebeam any success actually using the SCREEN+E2to shut off USB charging? I still have insane ground loop noise and would love to get this new feature working!

@joshue said:
@timebeam any success actually using the SCREEN+E2to shut off USB charging? I still have insane ground loop noise and would love to get this new feature working!

So the shortcut works, it changed the lights from green to a green/yellow hue.
And the noise is gone the same moment.
Like 5StarNomad said, it’s the piano button furthest right.

ha, of course it works when you’re on the right firmware and didn’t ignore the OP and upgrade to 1.1.12 by mistake. thanks for confirming though :slight_smile:

i love TE

Anyone test transferring samples with W10?

Cool beans! Nice to see updates rolling out <3 Makes me wanna open mine, but I shall be steadfast ??‍⚖️

The faster (ie. instant) battery indicator is a nice subtle change.

I am having trouble with the shortcut. I hold screen and E2 the led are green if nothing is connected, they don’t change to yellow. When the z is plugged into something the lights are yellow. key shortcut still doesn’t change anything when something is plugged into the Z.

the lights will also not light up one by one like they do when they are charging.
they just show the current battery level.
if u have it plugged in and charging turned off

It works when plugged into my computer, but not with the op-1. In it’s current state I hold screen and instantly see battery level and yellow LED. the ground loop noise is loader now to.