Has anyone cut up the tape tracks in a DAW and pieced it together?

I’m trying to make a live set and I’m wondering if anyone has ever cut the tape loops in a DAW so that you can piece them next to eachother and retain the loop when putting the tape tracks back in the OP1. I usually break up my beats by a few bars on the OP1 tape, I really want to add a couple more beats to finish it off and have it as a full liveset/beattape. For some reason I remember LeFilou doing this but I’m not sure how to contact them.

Comments

• u can do it but most likely u will lose your markers

• @docshermsticks I tried doing on the op1 it’s self and place it next to eachother and there’s the common pop artifacts not sure how to avoid it by doing it this way

• Doesn't the op1.fun website do something like this? But I don't think there's any way to actually import slices to tape... I think you could hack it by slicing in your DAW, taking note of BPM changes, and then re-slicing in the OP1 using the scissors and the tempo bar markers for each segment, but if this is creating poptifacts for you, & that is unacceptable, then I'm not sure. Let us know if you come up with a solution.

• @ludicrouSpeed Last night right before I headed out to get some drinks I was messing with this on the op1 it’s self and I heard some pops and clicks but they were all at the end of some loops. So I just recorded over the pops and lifted and dropped the loops next to eachother. I didn’t get a chance to listen with headphones for more pops but I’m pretty confident I got it! Super dope because I work in 8bar loops and before I condensed all my loops next to eachother I used up the 6min tape now it’s condensed to 3min! I’ve noticed when you record loops next eachother it will have pops sometimes so I try to avoid the artifacts at all cost!