Will the OP-Z make my Pocket Operators redundant?

I’m in pain. I have collected all the POs over the years (except the PO tonic - i don’t have a microtonic), and I love the all.

Looking at the OP-Z, I feel I could justify the cost of one if I sell my Pocket Operators.

But I love them so much! Is the OP-Z going to make my POs gather dust?

Which should I sell/keep?

Aarrrrg!

I have 5 pocket operators and the OP-Z. Aside from PO33, the pocket operators are obsoleted by the OP-Z, so if you can only have one or the other, I would say to get the OP-Z and ditch the operators save for 33 until they add sampling functionality to the OP-Z(fingers crossed). That said, I have no intentions of getting rid of my Pocket Operators. They’re nice to throw to my friends if I have them over for little jam sessions.

@npmaile said:
I would say to get the OP-Z and ditch the operators save for 33 until they add sampling functionality to the OP-Z(fingers crossed).

I did exactly this and sold my PO-14 Sub and PO-20 Arcade and kept the PO-33 for live sampling. I really loved the arcade sounds so I downloaded the OP-1 Drum Utility and a couple of samples of the PO-20 and added another couple of arcade samples (from dig-dug, berzerk and q-bert) and added them to a new slot on the sample track. One interesting thing I found is that I can fill up all 24 keys if my total length is under 12 seconds (average of 0.5 seconds per sample).