I think I need to replace my connector board, and I cant upload firmware.

Hi, new op-1 user.

I got my op used from Reverb and after learning it for a few days I noticed that I could no longer connect to my computer via disk mode. this became frustrating so I did what I thought might help, formatting the drive. Big mistake. now my op is stuck with an error screen on boot up- which looks something like this:

\src\db2\db2.cpp:273 cant open /yaffs2/content/tape.db
0x18af34c
0x1901dac
etc…
rev. 00225; 2017/07/17(then it gets covered up by the TE logo)

I assume this error is there because the op has no firmware to boot off of. so i’m back to my original problem, i cant connect my op to my computer!

also note: It still charges fine, when i plug it in the 5 lights blink going upwards and after a while it stops blinking and i assume that means it’s fully charged. I have tried 2 different USB cables in every USB port on my computer.

I think some part of it may have been damaged when i took my op to a friends house to try it out. It died while i was over there and he plugged it into his USB wall outlet. as for software, I tried recording an audio sample from the radio and after a minute or two of playing with that my op crashed and i got a similar error to the one described above. I reset it and it worked after that.

Please help!

Try “removing” the device in your computer’s device manager and then plug it back in. It may be a driver issue and this will cause the computer to reload the driver.

@sammyjams said:
Try “removing” the device in your computer’s device manager and then plug it back in. It may be a driver issue and this will cause the computer to reload the driver.

I cant find the OP in the device manager, do you know what it would show up as?

@gianttree said:

@sammyjams said:

I cant find the OP in the device manager, do you know what it would show up as?

I found " “microsoft GS wavetable synth” could this be it? I looked it up and it seems to be some program microsoft preinstall. not sure why that is showing up under devices.

I found this thread https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/728/op-1-not-recognized-over-usb from January 2015 and no one seems to have an answer.

Did you try a factory reset after formatting?

@punji said:
Did you try a factory reset after formatting?

yes. that doesnt lead me anywhere else. still getting the error screen.

It may be a bad flash memory (HW issue). Can you still return it?

@punji said:
It may be a bad flash memory (HW issue). Can you still return it?

I’m not sure what my refund policy is, and i dont want to return it(i loved every second i got to use it) but i will look into it and message the seller. is that something that i can repair myself?

If you already tried a different USB cable and computer then I guess you could try replacing the connector or cpu boards ( assuming you are able to order them from iFixit), but I think it would be better to send it to TE for repair…

yeah that looks like the unfortunate reality. thanks everyone for trying to help.

i have the same problem

Then we have the same advices.

• Try Factory Reset
  • Try reuploading OS
  • Contact TE support

Same problem! what is solution? it happened with no reason! only charge, no midi or other signals