Punch In Effects Parameters

Anyone notice that the encoder values (as represented by white leds) change when you move the encoders on the performance track?

To my ear they don’t appear to be affecting the sound or the fx.

Couldn’t see anything in the manual that references any sort of parameters for the performance track. Anyone have any ideas?

I noticed there is space to save performance track presets on the white keys while holding the track button. Haven’t figured out how this is useful yet.

Are your guys’ punch in effects behaving the way the manual says they should? I know the actual units were mislabeled but regardless of what key I’m pressing in performance mode I always get some dumb beat repeat or a group mute. Am I dumb?

I really hope they add encoder functionality to punch in effects in the future, even just in performance mode, that’d be great.

@CJTubbyTubbs said:
Are your guys’ punch in effects behaving the way the manual says they should? I know the actual units were mislabeled but regardless of what key I’m pressing in performance mode I always get some dumb beat repeat or a group mute. Am I dumb?

I really hope they add encoder functionality to punch in effects in the future, even just in performance mode, that’d be great.

The labels represent step parameters, not punch in effects.

Using the keys on the performance track effects all tracks at once. Drum group on the left half of the keyboard, synth group on the right.

Holding shift while on a drum or key track allows you to use the punch in effects on just the selected track, but the data is recorded to the performance track which compiles performance data from all tracks.

It would be nice if you could select which tracks were effected by holding shift like with the tape and master tracks since step components are not already available.

I also can’t see any use for the encoders on the performance track even though they display different values. That coupled with the available preset slots makes me think there is something more in store for us in the future.

@Lymtronics said:
Using the keys on the performance track effects all tracks at once. Drum group on the left half of the keyboard, synth group on the right.

Holding shift while on a drum or key track allows you to use the punch in effects on just the selected track, but the data is recorded to the performance track which compiles performance data from all tracks.

It would be nice if you could select which tracks were effected by holding shift like with the tape and master tracks since step components are not already available.

i’ve read somewhere else that switching octaves on the performance track actually switches to that dedicated track punch mode and the actual target track depends on the selected octave. can’t check it right now as i don’t have my zee with me, but i have a feeling that encoders may affect only those track dedicated punch in layouts

This should help: lower octave controls the drum group, upper octave controls the synth group. effects are the same for both, and you can apply as many as you want simultaneously as far as I can tell.