Patternarium for PO-32

Hi,
Today I learned about Patternarium and wondered why there are not so many PO-32 patches on internet.
After purchasing OP-1 I can't afford a Microtonic(
But maybe there are already Microtonic owners here who can get sounds from the Patternarium and upload them?
This topic could be something like a library of patches for PO-32.
Or is it illegal?)

Comments

  • Hey, I actually have a bunch of patternarium patches saved as WAVs from the PO. When I get the chance I can upload them, just don't know where.

  • @PizzaTheHutt said:
    Hey, I actually have a bunch of patternarium patches saved as WAVs from the PO. When I get the chance I can upload them, just don't know where.

    It would be great!
    Maybe some MediaFire or Dropbox?

  • Wicked.
    I'm not at that computer at the time but I should be soon and I'll upload as many as I can find.
    Can't imagine any of this being illegal since all those patterns are free, so we shouldn't have to worry about that.

  • @PizzaTheHutt said:
    Wicked.
    I'm not at that computer at the time but I should be soon and I'll upload as many as I can find.
    Can't imagine any of this being illegal since all those patterns are free, so we shouldn't have to worry about that.

    OK thanks! I will wait)

  • @igr_kstk said:

    Or is it illegal?

    I am not a lawyer, but I am a fan of Sonic Charge! The legalese on the Patternarium site says:

    All patterns created by Patternarium are public domain and free to use for any purposes you desire. However, if you use Patternarium and Microtonic to create commercial sample sets (for sample CDs etc) or MIDI-file libraries we would appreciate if you sent us an e-mail first.

    Magnus Lidström seems like a pretty reasonable dude. Might be worth reaching out with an e-mail. But with it being public domain I can't imagine a few patterns floating around on this forum would really be that big of a deal.

    As an aside, I bought Microtonic when I got a PO-32. It's totally worth having in your arsenal. It's even fun as a standalone application!

  • Yeah, microtonic is great and worth it. Magnus is a good guy but not a big corporation. I think it reasonable to share one or two to show the capability, but no more so as to respect his business. I hope his code makes it to the OP-Z somehow.

  • I don't really need Microtonic as VST on my PC cause I bought PO-32 to make music without DAW and PC)
    That's why I don't want to spend 100$ just to transfer few patches on PO-32. It's unnecessary for me.

    I think that sharing free Patternarium patches to use them on PO is ok. By the way I think Magnus has some $ from every PO-32 we buy. So I think I've already shown respect to his business)

  • I hear what everyone is saying about respecting his business by only sharing a few patterns, but I also keep in mind how many patterns there are on patternarium. To say there's a lot is an understatement.

    Anyway, I should have them posted soon.

  • Heres a few that I made at the start of the year. They might not actually be useful as I was resampling and then mangling the tonic patterns. They will give you a good idea of whats what though.

    Microtonic / Patternarium kits have 8 sounds, PO32 has 16. Hence, my kits have 2 Microtonic kits in each one.

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ofi44u

    Microtonic really opens up the PO32, I highly recommend it!

  • @djenzyme said:
    Heres a few that I made at the start of the year. They might not actually be useful as I was resampling and then mangling the tonic patterns. They will give you a good idea of whats what though.

    Microtonic / Patternarium kits have 8 sounds, PO32 has 16. Hence, my kits have 2 Microtonic kits in each one.

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ofi44u

    Microtonic really opens up the PO32, I highly recommend it!

    Thanks so much! I will try them on my PO-32

Sign In or Register to comment.