OP-Z disk mode

I am having trouble with disk mode and just after a sanity check…

I can get in to disk mode no issues, when I do all the steps light up green (I assume this is normal)
What I cant do is exit disk mode, when I do ‘unplug usb device’ it s disconnects (cant see the drive) but the OP-Z doesn’t re-boot (so if I drop new content in folders it doesn’t update, I have to turn it on and off)

Anyone else had this?

1 Like

@SLiC said:

I can get in to disk mode no issues, when I do all the steps light up green (I assume this is normal)
What I cant do is exit disk mode, when I do ‘unplug usb device’ it s disconnects (cant see the drive) but the OP-Z doesn’t re-boot (so if I drop new content in folders it doesn’t update, I have to turn it on and off)

Anyone else had this?

You have to unplug the usb after virtually “ejecting” the device. In my experience, at least.

@sammyjams said:

@SLiC said:

Anyone else had this?

You have to unplug the usb after virtually “ejecting” the device. In my experience, at least.

That was it thanks! I was ejecting then sitting there watching it! My old OP-1 drum kits (I had a collection of about 50) loaded perfectly- full kit on 1 track but I still like it that way :slight_smile:

Im a big fan of the stock kits the unit came with. How many drum kits on top of stock can I add? Would a hard reset restore this default pack or would I need to manually add it back using disc mode? Thx!

Hi, I have the same issue but after ejecting the device AND unplugging the OP-Z, nothig happens all dots remains green… I wrote to TE one week ago but no answer. Any idea how to fix that? I can’t update my kits :’(

@Jee said:
Hi, I have the same issue but after ejecting the device AND unplugging the OP-Z, nothig happens all dots remains green… I wrote to TE one week ago but no answer. Any idea how to fix that? I can’t update my kits :’(

If you are on windows 10 this is a known issue. I fixed it by downgrading the OP-Z to 1.19

I am on Win10… I looked for quite while for the info, many thanks for clarification!!
I don’t want to downgrade it so I’ll try to find a friend with a mac to load my sample.
Hopefully TE fixes that quickly…
I’m preparing a bunch of kits meanwhile.
Do you guys want them?
I have already made 8 kits made from my eurorack (kicks, percs, basses).

@Jee said:
I’m preparing a bunch of kits meanwhile.
Do you guys want them?

That’d be cool!

For me, on windows 10, the opz doesn’t reboot when i eject it or unplug the usb cable.
But it works if i plug the opz via a powered usb hub, eject it and then power off my usb hub.

Bummer, I have no powered usb hub…
I’ll find a way to load my sample anyway, even if I have to go to the next applestore to load them xD
I’m preparing the .zip file and will post the kits very shortly :wink:

@cronos said:
If you are on windows 10 this is a known issue. I fixed it by downgrading the OP-Z to 1.19

I read about Mac users also reporting same issue.
But I’m echoing here my thoughts about this story I posted in a different topic. So if it was a Windows issue we couldn’t even update the firmware on OP-Z as that process is also based on ejecting the device. I suspect TE intentionally turned content mode off for some reason.