Battery Question (Is it fully charged?)

Hi, guys!
I’m a new OP-1 user. And I have some battery problems(
Yesterday I received my new OP-1. The sensor showed a full charge: 5 LEDs (with red). At night it was turned off, but today (in the morning) OP-1 suddenly died. The sensor said that the battery is uncharged. I charged it (5 LEDs lit in rotation). But soon (after 1.5 hour) OP-1 died again.
I try to calibrate it.
I’m charging it for 3 or 4 hours now. All 5 LEDs still light in rotation (OP-1 is on).
Is the battery charged?
Or should they stop blinking?
I’m nervous about the battery failure.

the LEDs will stop blinking when it is done charging.
sounds like maybe u haven’t charged it fully by your description

@docshermsticks said:
the LEDs will stop blinking when it is done charging.
sounds like maybe u haven’t charged it fully by your description

Maybe. I’m still charging (7 hours) :expressionless:
Is it ok?

if it was low or empty i’ve had to charge it overnight or even longer sometimes

@docshermsticks said:
if it was low or empty i’ve had to charge it overnight or even longer sometimes

Yeah, it was empty as LEDs said. Thanks

So OP-1 charged all over the night. LEDs still blink. Tried “urban legend” from here https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1228/battery-meter-at-half-w-full-charge

When OP-1 is on LEDs blink. When it is off they show 5 dots and then dissapear.
Any advices?(

Maybe you should just unplug it and use it to check how long the battery lasts… the battery meter on the OP-1 may be very tenperamental sometimes.

@punji said:
Maybe you should just unplug it and use it to check how long the battery lasts… the battery meter on the OP-1 may be very tenperamental sometimes.

I’m just a little bit paranoid about my new synth) It’s unpugged and is working for 5 hours (4 LEDs now). Keep watching

.@igr_kstk how did it go? Curious how many hours you had on a charge…

@FLDPLN said:
.@igr_kstk how did it go? Curious how many hours you had on a charge…

Hi! First time it charged all over the night. LEDs blinked but I unplugged it. Battery worked well (14 hours and 1 LED). I charged it for the 2nd time yesterday (for 3-5 hours). Seems to be ok

When on -the leds blink even when full (with help pressed). When off the leds fill then stop. I’m sometimes paranoid it hasn’t fully charged when off, so I charge with my op-1 on and power from a macbook. Tends to stay consistent, with a full charge after about 4hours.

@Spheric_El said:
When on -the leds blink even when full (with help pressed). When off the leds fill then stop. I’m sometimes paranoid it hasn’t fully charged when off, so I charge with my op-1 on and power from a macbook. Tends to stay consistent, with a full charge after about 4hours.

I thought LEDs blink and then stop when it is on :expressionless:
Something strange is happening: today OP’s battery has a shorter life: 1 LED per hour. It makes me mad

From what I remember it keeps blinking.
Hope you sort it out.

Hi @igr_kstk
Did you get this problem sorted out?
My 2nd hand op-1 is doing this, wondering about my battery health.
I’m only getting 2hours max and the battery reset trick ain’t working coz it turns itself on when usb gets plugged in.

@Spheric_El said:
Hi @igr_kstk
Did you get this problem sorted out?
My 2nd hand op-1 is doing this, wondering about my battery health.
I’m only getting 2hours max and the battery reset trick ain’t working coz it turns itself on when usb gets plugged in.

Hi!
I just stopped paying attention to LEDs. I charge OP-1 for 2-3 hours and then it works for a long time. In this case the last LED blinks for 5-6 hours.

Good stuff, thanks.