Op-z dudes enlighten me (drone vid)

This is by far my favourite video to show up so far. Sounds really nice… What’s going on in the programming? Is it some kind of chained song mode? Or some kind of slow lfo/step components on pitch etc?

Beginning to gas for the Z now :confused: Seems like such a perfect little sequencer to pair with ios instruments + it’s own sounds + eurorack (when the module shows up…).

Is the polyphony limit the same for external? 3 voices if I recall right? If so, that’s such a bummer in terms of using it with ios instruments :confused: Everything else about the sequencer seems pretty perfect for what I want out of a hands on box to pair with ipad/iphone… wonder if that polyphony limit can be tweaked in an update? At least for external sequencing? Even just increased to 4 voice per track per step for external would be OK for me…

I haven’t tested the polyphony limit per track thing, but it doesn’t matter too much either way - when I was playing around with sequencing Zeeon it was recieving data from all midi tracks at once so at the very least you can work around it.

@skoomsy said:
I haven’t tested the polyphony limit per track thing, but it doesn’t matter too much either way - when I was playing around with sequencing Zeeon it was recieving data from all midi tracks at once so at the very least you can work around it.

Thanks for response. Sadly having to eat (and then tweak/perform on) two op-z tracks to sequence a 4-voice chord isn’t really a road I wanna go down :wink: Will keep an eye on it for sure though and hopefully hear some good news down the line…

I think the chord track has a four note polyphony anyway, and I have a feeling the limit won’t apply for external sequencing but I’ll have a check when I get home tonight.

@skoomsy said:
I think the chord track has a four note polyphony anyway, and I have a feeling the limit won’t apply for external sequencing but I’ll have a check when I get home tonight.

Thanks, I’d appreciate it :slight_smile:

Here is another drone I made (I made video in OP’s post)… https://youtu.be/hehPBoN51pk

Tape tricks pitching down, track transpose, and the Master track all play well with some lfos mixed in. Set note length in tracks to drone mode (track + blue).