Delete Plug Preset?

Hey guys, I’m absolutely loving the OP-Z so far. Would really love to see this thing in more people’s hands, its a truly inspiring device.

Quick question: is there a way to delete the plug presets somehow? The manual only lists a way to store new presets (by holding down the track button + any of the white piano keys / step component keys).

You can change presets/samplepacks in content mode (hold track while turning the unit on) or in the configurator in the app.

Oh sick I’m trying that out right now. So I’m in Content Mode and I see something called userPresets.dat but I can’t seem to find the right way to open it and edit the contents.

If you’re in content mode, you’ll see folders for bounces, config, rejected, projects and samplepacks. There are also some text files including “how_to_import.txt”. If you see that and follow it you can change what is on each slot in each track within the “Samplepacks” folder. You need to be in content mode i.e. OP-Z connected to computer via USB cable and disk mounted (hold track while turning on - you’ll get 16 green leds, 1 for each sequencer step). The other way is using the configurator in the app: https://www.teenageengineering.com/guides/op-z/app#configurator

Alright so I mistakenly deleted the userPreset.dat file thinking that it would auto-regenerate on a factory reset. Turns out it doesn’t come back and all of the factory loaded plug presets are gone.

Can a kind soul please upload their unmodified userPreset.dat file here for me please? I hadn’t finished exploring the default plug presets yet :frowning:

@wangbang said:
Alright so I mistakenly deleted the userPreset.dat file thinking that it would auto-regenerate on a factory reset. Turns out it doesn’t come back and all of the factory loaded plug presets are gone.

Can a kind soul please upload their unmodified userPreset.dat file here for me please? I hadn’t finished exploring the default plug presets yet :frowning:

Nvm I think I might be crazy, the presets are there for the synth tracks and I don’t think there were any presets to begin with for the drum tracks.

Maybe do a factory reset? https://www.teenageengineering.com/guides/op-z/disk-modes#factory-reset

anyone noticed, once u added a samplepack it remains in the configurator even after u deleted the pack in content mode

1 Like

Just FYI you don’t really need to delete the presets as you can save a new sound into the slot.

@darenager said:
Just FYI you don’t really need to delete the presets as you can save a new sound into the slot.

not sure if we mean the same: problem still remains the same: it leaves ghosts of the old packs and it leaves me scrolling thru more and more presets, before i drag them into the free slot. I just want to be able to remove them in the app (give us a little trash bin like the one in photomatic)

Ah so you mean the plugs/sample packs themselves, I thought the OP was talking about the stored presets in the (for example) Saw plug.

edit, i misread the op question