OP-Z Bugs

First unintended behavior I’ve found:

Parameter-locking filter settings on the master track cannot be muted/unmuted.

Transpotion notes on the master track can be muted and unmuted fine, but the filter locks play back regardless.

Anyone want to see if it’s the same for them? Seen anything else strange?

This is the intended behavior for whatever reason. Same with the chorus and drive on the master track.

only bug i’ve had was turning it on and only one light lights up on the far left (not the full sweep followed by chime). had to turn it off and on again then was fine. was post fw update but wasn’t the first boot post update.

Are the step components working correctly? For example: the note jump (two dots with an arch between them). According to the reference chart, number 8 with this component should reverse the playback on that sequence. So far it only hangs on that note instead of changing direction. I noticed a few other numbers in that step component also just hung on a sequencer step. I don’t know if there is some other setting I have turned on that overrides the correct behavior of if it needs refinement in an OS update.

Nevermind. The actual manual online says parameter eight on the jump component is STAY. The quick reference guide that came with the unit said REVERSE. Last minute change I guess. Hopefully they implement a reverse component eventually… it sounded cool.

I’ve recorded a gentle turn on one of the parameter locks, only to have the sound keep going up and up with each track cycle. On the screen, the dial doesn’t move. I was expecting the dial to go up, snap back to the original position, and then go up the same amount in the next cycle, but maybe this is intended behaviour?

Anyone lose project data? I was using the Z yesterday and turned it off and charged it like normal. Today all of my work is gone. Seems like the device did a factory reset on its own. I guess I’ll have to back up my projects more often before things are ironed out. It sucks losing the information, but would be much worse if you had a live set on here without a backup.

And a quick note: before I lost my projects, the OP-Z did not turn on until it was re-attached to a power source.

Saw same behavior as drybones. Tried to factory reset, didn’t work. Had to reinstall firmware. I had lights always on set to true in the config JSIN and a few patches from my op-1 installed.

@Lymtronics said:
Anyone lose project data? I was using the Z yesterday and turned it off and charged it like normal. Today all of my work is gone. Seems like the device did a factory reset on its own. I guess I’ll have to back up my projects more often before things are ironed out. It sucks losing the information, but would be much worse if you had a live set on here without a backup.

yeah man, a couple of times, factory resets! battery life in standby is a real issue compared with the op-1 too.

happened again - see if anyone can replicate it. Fully charged, play for a few hours with a new project and a few patterns. Power off while connected to a USB hub, no LEDS are on indicating charging. Come back the next day and unit appears completely drained of power - it’s not powering up, plug it to Macbook, Macbook recognizes the drive but no LEDS on unit to indicate charging. After an hour or so; fully charged solid green LED appears and when I power the unit back on - factory reset with my projects and patterns gone! will rinse and repeat tonight and see if we get the same issues…

@goose_bumps said:

@Lymtronics said:

yeah man, a couple of times, factory resets! battery life in standby is a real issue compared with the op-1 too.

Ive been hard saving projects (Hold P + #) before shutting down. I recall a couple off/on cycles where stuff wasnt there when expected. Also not all project chains seem to stick after a power refresh.

@goose_bumps said:
happened again - see if anyone can replicate it. Fully charged, play for a few hours with a new project and a few patterns. Power off while connected to a USB hub, no LEDS are on indicating charging. Come back the next day and unit appears completely drained of power - it’s not powering up, plug it to Macbook, Macbook recognizes the drive but no LEDS on unit to indicate charging. After an hour or so; fully charged solid green LED appears and when I power the unit back on - factory reset with my projects and patterns gone! will rinse and repeat tonight and see if we get the same issues…

That’s more or less what happened with me. No sustained, full charge LED. Went to check the battery level with the screen button- nothing. No power-up until reconnected to the cable. The battery was full, though.

When linking tracks, something odd happens – like they are linked only when you play the keys, not after sequencing. However, after sequencing the app gfx will animated as if they are linked to the sequence? (noticed on TAPE track, after linked to beats to tracks)

On a side note, link seems like a bad word choice – it can be used to describe the parentToChild or childToParent connection, where it seems like tracks are slaved to others and which one is the master matters.

@goose_bumps said:

Sounds like it could be a faulty battery.

@pink_sky said:

@goose_bumps said:

Sounds like it could be a faulty battery.

Yeah looks like it, I powered the unit off, left it unplugged a whole night and same thing - the battery appears to be completely dead. Im probably going to hit up TE for a replacement. 24 hours standby is not exactly one year as advertised

does anyone else have a buzzing sound (it changes depending on how many LEDs are activated) when connecting the op-z to a computer while having the audio plugged-in?

Here’s a fun one. I made a backup of my projects on my computer, then restored them to the op-z shortly after. The backup seems to be a save state from several days ago (even though it was actually from this morning), so for example I had a project with six patterns, but only four of them were there. In this case, the last two patterns were just duplicates with some punch in effects so I didn’t really lose much, but the implication isn’t great.

What’s weird is that those patterns had been there for several power cycles, they weren’t that recent.

Also, something that I can’t find an answer to in the manual - how do I save pattern chains? When I change projects they just disappear, so presumably there’s something I should be doing to get it to remember, but seems odd that it isn’t just automatic.

@mhllr said:
does anyone else have a buzzing sound (it changes depending on how many LEDs are activated) when connecting the op-z to a computer while having the audio plugged-in?

this sounds like a ground loop try a ground loop isolator should sort it out

w/ stuff like memory failure, i wonder if they got like a bad batch of flash memory chips or something (or wherever they store this type of data). hopefully its just a software thing that could be fixed :shrug: