What is your OP-Z battery usage?

I have it for 4 days now. It seems to deplete quickly. I get about 3 to 4 hours of play in one charge. Is it normal? What are the specs for battery charge from TE? I mainly used it standalone, without bluetooth and app. But otherwise it charges to 100% very quickly ( around an hour on usb/computer)
Maybe I should try an overnight charge. Curious to see other users consumption.

From the TE OP-Z preview site…now you can fly the atlantic 4 times back and forth, sequencing complete songs on 16 dedicated tracks before you run out of power.

Same here, 3-4 hours. Must be a small atlantic i guess…

Same here, bit disappointing from a screenless device. On the other hand, loads of leds and super small form factor.
Maybe we’ll get a battery extension module :#

That’s quite disappointing.

Controversy. Glow in the dark paint missing is one thing, but lame battery life is major.

^yea for sure esp when its advertised as having more than the op1

@docshermsticks said:
^yea for sure esp when its advertised as having more than the op1

I definitely did not see bad battery life coming. Of all the quirks to expect.

Maybe they shrunk the battery to add the module slot?
Maybe one add on module is an extended battery?

1 Like

wow…great engineering! i love this company more and more…(still got my OP-Z on order at thomann)
they’re really takin the piss…
I hope they will give out some compensation for their false advertisement (free case, or something).
I will surely ask them for it! And so should YOU AND EVERYBODY who ordered one, I think…

they need some feedback on their ridiculous behaviour.

Heal the world, make it a better place. For you and for me and the entire OP-race :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to get a higher capacity battery that’s the same size?

google says the average flight across the atlantic is 5 hours 45 minutes.
multiplied by 4 u should be getting a lil less than ~24 hours battery life.
i get that these are just specs not to be taken 100% but thats wayyyy off.

1 Like

Waaaaaay off. Still mad love for TE, but looks like something got messed up. Hope there is an ok solution for all.

Maybe some beta testers with more time with the opz could chime in? @cuckoo @sammyjams

@eyescream54 said:
From the TE OP-Z preview site…now you can fly the atlantic 4 times back and forth, sequencing complete songs on 16 dedicated tracks before you run out of power.
In their defense, at the very bottom of the same page, they did include the following disclaimer: “NOTE ALL SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.”

The good thing os that the battery charges fast. Hopefully after a few charge cycles it stabilizes and offers a good 8 hours.

Fortunately the battery is removable, so they send a replacement if it’s an error. If they can ship the case separately, the same goes for the battery fix isn’t it ? I personally hope for a FW fix.

@termbulb said:

@eyescream54 said:
In their defense, at the very bottom of the same page, they did include the following disclaimer: “NOTE ALL SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.”

I’ve seen that too…but it shouldn’t mean that they can just bull$%@! people.
If they say “specifications are subject to change” I think it would be decent of them to actually change the specs on the website, rather than having the customer find out for themselves what exactly they spent their money on.
I mean it’s 600$…
what if they send you a block of plastic and said “well… sorry the specs changed a little, but we told you in advance that they could change” ?
just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Misprinted + bad battery life, I’m thinking to cancel my Thomann order… Very disappointed from these users feedback…

Just to add something positive to my rants:
I still think their products are innovative and fun, I just wish they would appreciate their customers more.