Sampling into OP-Z

Can you transfer samples into the OP-Z using the app, and what do you need to sample eg do you need an OP-1/PO?

If it’s just a standard .aif file like on the op-1, I’m hoping we can transfer over usb with something like Audioshare or the official app.

@sketcherazzi said:
If it’s just a standard .aif file like on the op-1, I’m hoping we can transfer over usb with something like Audioshare or the official app.

The word I’m getting from others on the Facebook group is that you can’t (yet) load samples from the app. Just from a computer. Hopefully this changes soon.

Link to Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/173261036371885/

Has someone been able to play sounds in the sample track across the keyboard as notes. They only seem to be one note samples. I was able to load previous op-1 drum packs made with the Drum utility. Works fine in the kick track. But haven’t figured out how to import ex. a Juno sampled note ( in aif ) and play chromatic notes. Tried to load in the Drum Utility, I had to shorten the sample drastically for it to work. Because the OP-Z only seems to digest packs instead of single samples. Even tried to drop my .aif file in a lead track folder. But there is only “engine” slots in the lead track. Tried anyway. Didn’t work.

@eyescream54 said:
Has someone been able to play sounds in the sample track across the keyboard as notes. They only seem to be one note samples. I was able to load previous op-1 drum packs made with the Drum utility. Works fine in the kick track. But haven’t figured out how to import ex. a Juno sampled note ( in aif ) and play chromatic notes. Tried to load in the Drum Utility, I had to shorten the sample drastically for it to work. Because the OP-Z only seems to digest packs instead of single samples. Even tried to drop my .aif file in a lead track folder. But there is only “engine” slots in the lead track. Tried anyway. Didn’t work.

Load them into tracks 5-8 and they play chromatically

Tracks 5 to 8 are Engine only. Whenever I copy a .Aif it never appears in the sound plug. The sample is also deleted from the folder when I boot back. Tried with a single sample and a sample pack made in Drum Util. Please tell me your exact method if you succeeded.

@eyescream54 said:
Tracks 5 to 8 are Engine only. Whenever I copy a .Aif it never appears in the sound plug. The sample is also deleted from the folder when I boot back. Tried with a single sample and a sample pack made in Drum Util. Please tell me your exact method if you succeeded.

How are you prepping the aif files? If you use op1 synth sampler patches it works

Yes, that’s where i’m heading. Getting the sounds out of the OP-1. The aif from outside sources misses some encoding or some sort of data. Thanks for the help. Let see if it works.

Ok. It worked as a snapshot of a synth engine from the OP-1. But I had a Juno sample in my OP-1 synth. Saved as snapshot just to be sure it got the OP-1 treatment. Didn’t load in the OP-Z. Note: The Juno sample snapshot doesn’t say “OP-1 Patch” as a preview. I hear the sample. Weird

all sample patches play the sound when previewed
the synth engine patches will play that “op1 patch” voice b/c the patch is just data that is fed to the synth engine.

Does this mean, that you need an OP-1 in order to create your own Synth-Sampler patches?
If so, I hope someone will make a program like the the drum utility to solve this issue…for the people without OP-1 :frowning:

@sammyjams said:

@eyescream54 said:

How are you prepping the aif files? If you use op1 synth sampler patches it works

I’m also a bit confused on this, I’ve been trying without success to add custom samples to the drum tracks, but when trying to create one on the op1.fun drum utility, the patch downloads don’t work on the op-z. It seem to be that it’s because these patch files are “.aiff” rather than “aif”. Anybody know a quick fix for this?

@andrewc said:

@sammyjams said:

@eyescream54 said:

I’m also a bit confused on this, I’ve been trying without success to add custom samples to the drum tracks, but when trying to create one on the op1.fun drum utility, the patch downloads don’t work on the op-z. It seem to be that it’s because these patch files are “.aiff” rather than “aif”. Anybody know a quick fix for this?

To clarify, downloading drum packs already loaded to op1.fun works fine, but when I try to create my own and put them on the opz, the files seem to download as .aiff, and don’t show up

Have you tried the OP-1 Drum, Utility (Freeware from XFer) https://www.xferrecords.com/freeware/

1 Like

To clarify, downloading drum packs already loaded to op1.fun works fine, but when I try to create my own and put them on the opz, the files seem to download as .aiff, and don’t show up

@andrewc in this case you should be able to just change the file extension from aiff to aif and it should work. I remember doing this with the op1 and .aifc files at some point. Otherwise, the drum utility vst linked above should work. It is nice to have a browser based version like op1.fun I didn’t even know that existed. Let us know if you had success changing the file ext

@sammyjams said:

@andrewc in this case you should be able to just change the file extension from aiff to aif and it should work. I remember doing this with the op1 and .aifc files at some point. Otherwise, the drum utility vst linked above should work. It is nice to have a browser based version like op1.fun I didn’t even know that existed. Let us know if you had success changing the file ext

thanks for the help, so I have managed to get a self made drum patch on to the OP-Z, but the sound, while sounding fine in the online drum utility, sounds bit crushed and low quality on the OP-Z, any suggestions?

@andrewc maybe you have the bitcrusher effect on it? Go to the yellow parameter page and turn the fx down (green and blue dials) and see if that helps

@sammyjams said:
@andrewc maybe you have the bitcrusher effect on it? Go to the yellow parameter page and turn the fx down (green and blue dials) and see if that helps
Yea there’s no effects on it, I’m stumped