OP-Z App?

Morning all. Apparently my OP-Z is en route for delivery. This is pleasing news as its actually sooner than expected. I thought I’d pop onto the Apple app store to download the companion app aaaaaand…It isn’t showing up. Does anyone here have the scoop on the launch date? It would be a pity to be waiting for that aspect after receiving the goods. I’m hoping that having dispatched the first wave of pre-orders that TE are on the cusp of pressing the launch button for the software.

You sure it’s the op-z and not just the cover?

Doh! :smiley: :smiley:

Jeez, honestly, send the whole order, don’t send the case, then the actual item for the case weeks later, then make me buy the plastic control knobs a few weeks after that… Imagine if Christmas worked like that :smiley:

Same thing happened to me just now :smiley: ?
When does the actual machine ship?

Mid October

At least you know yours will be shipped mid october. I could have preordered from TE but I decided to keep my preorder with my retailer in Canada and they don’t even have an ETA yet… The wait is not over…

I’m pretty sure that if they’d posted both case and OP-Z together, the money saved in postage would have probably covered the cost of bunging the tiny plastic encoder knobs in as a freebie. Think of the carbon footprint, naughty T.E

That “naughtyness” is what makes TE special. Think differently…?

@vanratingen said:
That “naughtyness” is what makes TE special. Think differently…?
?? know you are joking but this naughtiness is what makes TE just another part of a global problem! We need more of us thinking differently to reduce our carbon footprint, reduce waste & not be part of the problem! (Rant over) ??

i’m not defending it but its only waste if you throw it out.
u can recycle all packaging materials, or atleast reuse it.

@docshermsticks said:

I (& I think hiabex) was talking more about the individual transportation of each & every separate item involved in this release. The amount of energy/fuel moving all these things around the globe contribute to the carbon footprint TE are directly responsible for. ?

Yes this was unnecessary.

People in general are the global problem ?

@vanratingen said:
People in general are the global problem ?
That is sadly too true. Perhaps, just perhaps, we could also be the solution…

Someone once said that they think us humans to the Earth are like bacteria on an orange. Our purpose is to destroy it. ?

@ArtPunk said:

@docshermsticks said:

I (& I think hiabex) was talking more about the individual transportation of each & every separate item involved in this release. The amount of energy/fuel moving all these things around the globe contribute to the carbon footprint TE are directly responsible for. ?

for sure. i thought it was odd too that they were gunna send the pouch now. doesn’t make a ton of sense.

I think the case and the device are coming from diffferent countries…

Thank goodness none if this is happening after Brexit :smiley: Yes, my comment was a small dig about individual transportation costs involved and their resultant carbon footprints. To be clear, it’s not a rant at TE, I did find it amusing though to discover that the case would come independently of the synth. (The cost of buying small Knobs though is something harder to take seriously…given size, weight and actual manufacturing costs)
Even if the cases are sourced elsewhere, from a logistics point of view, the simple answer would be for TE to buy a load in to match the original OP-Z pre-order batch, get them delivered to HQ THEN ship the two together. I don’t know how well the current situation has been thought out, for example, did anyone in TE say “It’s ok, people are going to be super-stoked looking at an empty yellow pouch for two to three weeks, that will REALLY build excitement”?

@hiabex said:
…did anyone in TE say “It’s ok, people are going to be super-stoked looking at an empty yellow pouch for two to three weeks, that will REALLY build excitement”?
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Well I was having a rant! Brexit, like many other strange things happening in the Northern Hemisphere just make a lot of us elsewhere scratch our heads and go hmmmm…
:wink: