Portable effects for battery powered mini rig

What are my options for a portable battery powered “effects box” (reverb and echo at least), taking input from my bastl dude and output to a mini speaker or headphones?

All i can find so far is the Korg kaoss pad mini 2s

Anything else I should look at?

zoom ms70cdr
sp-series samplers

If you’re considering the KP mini 2s then consider the original Kaoss pad mini. It takes 4 batteries instead of two and the more esoteric fx, like loopers and grain or filter multi fx are different but certainly not inferior to the 2s.(you will need a phono to mini on the input).
Also the mini 2 is exactly the same as 2s but for 1 button change- the sample button on 2s was originally an mp3 player that required sd import from a computer to store files, on the mini 2.
Love those machines but I find they excel at transforming signals and performance of the pad.

would> @docshermsticks said:

zoom ms70cdr

wouldn’t i need an amp for the zoom?

no it works w/ line level inputs and outputs as well.

@Spheric_El said:

Also the mini 2 is exactly the same as 2s but for 1 button change- the sample button on 2s was originally an mp3 player that required sd import from a computer to store files, on the mini 2.

so the 2s over the 2 just for the sampling ability?
could i use it to record a jam on the park bench?

Love those machines but I find they excel at transforming signals and performance of the pad.

i’m also thinking of getting the kaossilator 2 just a toy to take on the bus when i want a change from a pocket operator.
should i avoid the 2s? two loops on the 2 makes the 2s seem like a downgrade

u can record audio on both the 2 and 2s

Kaossilator is a lot of fun.
I prefer KO original over the two.
The synth sounds are better imo, although the drums are more complete and use samples on the 2.
The pad is bigger(on the 1) and they have a different operation with two fingers (it has cool interpolation on the 1).4 batteries again and the arp is more simple but better imo because it has more patterns aswell as steps.
Infact the whole simplicity works in its favour. Also you don’t get the 16 step hack on the 2 and the save of beat for over dubbing and live replacing works real nice for jamming on the 1. So two different working methods- hack or not.
With regards to the 2s I agree with your point and didn’t buy the 2s.