What We Know So Far?

…about the OP-Z (for those that haven’t actually got one yet and are trying to draw all the information from videos online and trickled info from TE together) :slight_smile:
From TE’s official press release:

Specifications:

• 16-track multi-speed sequencer • 16 individual and independent
synthesis, sampler and control tracks • 160 user programmable patterns
• interchangeable modular effects
• 14 multi-program step components • external screen with OP-Z ios app
• dual domain synthesis
• 6 axis motion sensor (g-force)
• bluetooth 5.0 LE
• 1 year battery stand-by time
• usb type-c jack
• 3.5 mm 4-pole jack (stereo out/mic) • integrated mems microphone

dimensions:
W 212.5 mm + 5 mm width for volume knob
H 57.5 mm
D 10 mm

included in package:
• usb type-c to usb type a for charging and control.

@Latzenpratz said:
OP-Z compatible Apple devices:

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X

iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus

iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone SE

iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus

iPhone 5s

iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
iPad Pro (10.5-inch)

iPad (5th generation)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)

iPad Air 2
iPad mini 4

iPad Air
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2

iPod touch (6th generation)

@MichaalHell said:
Op-z acts as a USB host confirmed by Tobias in this Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmimsKtlNqT/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=bzvhs67key4j

An online ‘quick guide’ & overlays?

https://teenageengineering.com/guides/op-z

It appears (from the online quick guide) that there are _“colored overlays that came with the packaging (not mentioned in the press release) to optimize this quick guide tour” (see instagram pic below)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn6Vle7gZ95/?utm_source=ig_embed

At the bottom of the ‘quick guide’:

to understand all of the OP-Z’s functions,
please read the rest of the manual carefully.

Like the overlays, the manual is not mentioned in the ‘included in package’ in the specs on the press release.

*edit/update - seems the overlays were included with the beta testing units, not sure if they will also be included in the units for general release (but it would certainly be nice) from cuckoos video (linked below) there is certainly an included user/reference manual, but he doesn’t mention (or show) the overlays…

UPDATE: October 5 '18
For those who might not have seen it yet (where have you been?) :wink:
@cuckoo’s recent awesome video tutorial outlines much of the OP-Z’s functionality in an easy to understand way. Seems there will be more to come. This is really good!

I am quoting and moving some of these details to the first entry for quicker access.

I have a one hour recording of the recent two hour live stream by op1andchill about the z. If someone wants it and wants to upload it online let me know.

@instantjuggler said:
I have a one hour recording of the recent two hour live stream by op1andchill about the z. If someone wants it and wants to upload it online let me know.

I’d love to see it - do you have any way to post it on YouTube? If not and if you can upload it elsewhere I can put it on YouTube if needed.

@instantjuggler said:

could you send it by any chance to ludjeromartins@gmail.com

made a pre order for this bad boy since july 8 .
I live in sweden and its expected to be delivered between 20 October and 9 of November .

I’ll send it to ludjero’s email

Here’s what we don’t know:
what the synth engines are, what the polyphony on those engines is, how the effects work, how patch sharing works, how sampling works, how it works as a midi host - can you change midi channels? Can it send midi over bluetooth le? Can you sequence multiple vst synths, or just one at a time? Can the effects be upgraded?

@Ion677 said:
what the synth engines are, what the polyphony on those engines is, how the effects work, how patch sharing works, how sampling works, how it works as a midi host - can you change midi channels? Can it send midi over bluetooth le? Can you sequence multiple vst synths, or just one at a time? Can the effects be upgraded?

Yep! So we have known knowns and known unknowns… :# :smiley:
(I’m hoping the ‘known unknowns’ to ‘known knows’ ratio changes for the better through the benefit of others experience/knowledge, which is sort of why I started this thread)

@drybones figured a new partial guide has appeared :
https://teenageengineering.com/guides/op-z

@instantjuggler said:

If it’s from the Instagram stream, you’ll see me spamming questions and comments like crazy, haha. @ryanecollings

@Ion677 said:

During the livestream, the chord channel seemed to limited to 3 note poly

OP-Z compatible Apple devices:

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X

iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus

iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone SE

iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus

iPhone 5s

iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
iPad Pro (10.5-inch)

iPad (5th generation)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)

iPad Air 2
iPad mini 4

iPad Air
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2

iPod touch (6th generation)

TE has made efforts to make the Z easier to use in the dark by adding flourescent markings and back-lit keys.

https://newatlas.com/teenage-engineering-op-z-sequencer-composer/56383/

*edit/update - > in a reply by @sammyjams on another thread

@sammyjams said:

There’s a much more extensive (and better looking) quick guide in the box. Not sure if it will be in the final product, so don’t quote me! I’m guessing it will be though.

Looks like you just got quoted ?

Op-z acts as a USB host confirmed by Tobias in this Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmimsKtlNqT/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=bzvhs67key4j

Nice, thanks!