Just got an OP-1 ..some issues.

Hey guys, just got an OP-1 a few days ago, brand new.

I’m having a few issues with it though.

1: The line in&out jacks don’t lock/hold the plugs at all. All my headphone and cable jacks slide out of them pretty easily, not sure if that’s a defect or just
how it is for everyone? After playing on it for a while and moving the device around they start to come out.

2: When connected to my audio interface I was getting serious static noises at loud volumes, I figured it was a short in the cable since it changed and grew
worse when I moved the cable around. However, after installing the latest OS onto the OP-1, that somehow magically stopped happening, but…

3: Now I a get an annoying squealing sound whenever I have the USB cable plugged into my computer from the OP-1.

I was curious if anyone else had these issues with their OP-1 or not. I don’t really want to send mine back and wait (years lol) for another one.

The audio cable really shouldn’t fall out that’s for sure, but it’s probably some contacts that need to be bent closer together.

For the hiss squeal thing. Try

Press shift + com
Push the T4 key
Turn blue knob to stop charging.

I’m no expert but I think that may do it.

Yea, follow oscar3000’s instructions to start, the noise might be due to the Op-1 charging, you have to deactivate it for a clear sound when using it via usb. & I agree, the audio cables shouldn’t fall out (mine are really tight).

Check out this guide, it’s pretty helpful -

https://teenageengineering.com/guides/op-1

I bought a ground hum isolator for my op1 to cancel out the noise from the USB. I found the noise remained even when I turn the charging option off. The device is quite cheap, and when it works is very effective at reducing noise, I’ll be it it seems to kill some of the Clarity of the signal comma so it’s just the choice of noise with clarity or no noise and being a bit dull.

You sure you don’t have you mic turned on? I know it sounds dumb but I’ve done it a couple times myself and it produces symptoms similar to those you describe. Also take a look at your mixer sections, specifically button t3 and t4. Master fx turned on? Lower everything I. T4 then slowly bring up to find the sweet spot.

That said, I’m curious about the noise surpressing device you’re using, what’s it called, could use something if the like every now and again. Is it like DI box or something?

@oscar3000 said:
You sure you don’t have you mic turned on? I know it sounds dumb but I’ve done it a couple times myself and it produces symptoms similar to those you describe. Also take a look at your mixer sections, specifically button t3 and t4. Master fx turned on? Lower everything I. T4 then slowly bring up to find the sweet spot.

That said, I’m curious about the noise surpressing device you’re using, what’s it called, could use something if the like every now and again. Is it like DI box or something?

This is the fellow https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fp%2F905285437%3Fiid%3D252944130424 you should be able to find one in your area pretty easy