I may have found the perfect backpack for OP-1 and Pocket Operators

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Elite-Player-Backpack-PDP/dp/B01MS7DVLT/?tag=toysb-20

$29! Way cheaper than a lot of cases I see out there!

It’s for the Nintendo Switch, which is relatively similar in size for the OP-1, and it contains numerous smaller compartment areas, I’m thinking would be good for multiple PO’s. Also can hold a 15 inch laptop with ease.

Only problem I had is the Nintendo Switch Stitching, which according to the reviews can be easily removed with a knife. Nothing against Nintendo, I own a switch and it’s a fun little thing, but I hate advertising logos. (I worked for Apple and they gave us backpacks one year, put a giant piece of duck tape over that logo, yeesh.)

I ordered mine today, when I get it I can take pictures/give a review on how compatible it is with our synthy machines, if you guys want!

my op1 is about 2 in / 50mm longer then my switch. almost identical width though.

With the price you paid for the synth… is it worth goibg cheap on something thats supposed to protect it? You can buy 3-4 nintendo switch for the price of 1 OP-1 is it ruged, heavy duty stitching??

I agree with Curtball, all tho I do understand that Op-1 cases are spendy & why not look for a cheaper alternative…but would it protect it just as good?
I got a really nice tablet from my boss for Christmas, dropped it on my gravel driveway & smashed the screen. Decided right then, all my portable electronics get a case! The tablet was like $200 & breaking it sucked, especially since a case would’ve prevented it. $900 Op-1 that I take everywhere with me? The case I have is like $59 new & I can tell it would protect it from a fall… totally worth it. The backpack posted above shows $39.99… must’ve went up in price? Not a bad idea tho.

Or just buy the decksaver, perfect case. And the OP-1 almost keeps its normal size. 10€ more…

@mixrasta said:
Or just buy the decksaver, perfect case. And the OP-1 almost keeps its normal size. 10€ more…

+1 love my decksaver!! Plus you can flip it upside down to use as a stand:

https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/49082#Comment_49082

deck saver is essential i think…then you can get any cheaper case to put it in and feel good about it being protected