Rechargeable speaker

Anyone have a rechargeable portable speaker to recommend? Want something affordable with decent build quality to use with mp op-1.

@sen09 said:
Anyone have a rechargeable portable speaker to recommend? Want something affordable with decent build quality to use with mp op-1.

I’m not sure what you’d consider affordable, but you can get a Bose Soundlink Mini (1st Gen) for $140-$150 if you shop around.

It’s not good for performance, unless you’re at a very intimate gig, but it’s more than robust enough for personal use / picnic jams, and the sound is thick and delicious. How they achieve such a lush, deep bass from this little thing is amazing.

Plus, if you get your mix sounding great on this thing, the mixdown export (album) will sound dope on any system.

Highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00D5Q75RC/ref=psdc_olp_7073956011_a0_B00D5Q75RC?ie=UTF8&condition=all

I second that and the battery life is also great. Moreover it’s a Bluetooth speaker you can use with your phone/laptop too.

i also have a sound link mini 1st gen. i love it. bass response is good. gets plenty loud.

i’ve heard good things about the jbl’s too

I use a JBL charge 3. It’s really dynamic but a little boomy. It’s waterproof and also can power a USB device such as OP-1.

my friend brought his modular setup over today and we jammed on it w/ the bose
at the end he was like damn this bose speaker is nice!

Sony SRS xb30

I have a libratone which works nicely :slight_smile: also as a practice bass amp acutally

I am a bit of a bluetooth speaker nerd ?, my apologies for that, but I would not recommend any of the above speakers. Each are colored and boost certain frequencies. IMHO the only flat sounding portable Bluetooth speaker I have found is the vifa Helsinki. One caveat though battery life is 4 hours. I can vouch for the sound quality of this amazing but slightly feminine design.

If I want a studio monitor, I’ll use my Sony cans.

The Bose delivers a thick bass response to compensate for its small woofer. Regardless, when it sounds right on there, the mixdown sounds great in my car or wherever else I’m listening. So I again give my endorsement to the Bose.

I use one of these:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Fly3Bass--blackstar-fly3bass-3w-1x3-inch-bass-combo-amp
with some rechargeable AAs. I get several weeks of use on a full charge.

@Unflattered said:

What the bose soundlink mini does is thick bass which around 80hz. It uses dsp circuits to squeeze a not so accurate but still hear-able, dare I say fake bass. Using a single driver(speaker) to create that and a passive radiator at the back for Resonance. All this augurs well for battery ? life and caters to most popular music.

I often borrow my partners Minirig and it sounds great and lasts for ages. You can also link them up to other Minirgs and their portable Sub to build a pretty hefty small battery powered sound system, which I’ve done a few times with friends.

mini rigs seems great until u contemplate the price.
could buy all sorts of dope gear for the same $$$

@Newear2007 said:

@Unflattered said:

What the bose soundlink mini does is thick bass which around 80hz. It uses dsp circuits to squeeze a not so accurate but still hear-able, dare I say fake bass. Using a single driver(speaker) to create that and a passive radiator at the back for Resonance. All this augurs well for battery ? life and caters to most popular music.

Sounds dope to me.

Rechargeable speaker update! Got a Denon dsb-250bt. This speaker is a bigger daddy version of the Bose soundlink mini. If you are looking for a bose this is probably a better bet. higher volume, ip67 (1m underwater for 30 mins) 10+ hours battery, really awesome sound. Much more hifi sound than the bose soundlink mini. Slightly larger in size though. 200€.

@Newear2007 said:
Rechargeable speaker update! Got a Denon dsb-250bt. This speaker is a bigger daddy version of the Bose soundlink mini. If you are looking for a bose this is probably a better bet. higher volume, ip67 (1m underwater for 30 mins) 10+ hours battery, really awesome sound. Much more hifi sound than the bose soundlink mini. Slightly larger in size though. 200€.

I also got that Denon DSB-250 and am really impressed by it, very hifi sound. Hard to believe the sound is coming out of something that size.

I also quite like the Soundlink Mini, has a sort of trashy sound which works well for electronic music, but found the boominess of it really annoying after a while.

I loved the sound of the Soundlink Mini II, but disliked the latency that gets applied to the line-in signal. I asked Bose about it and they told me that there is no way to truly bypass the signal. Seems like they are doing some digital processing (eq?) magic before outputting it to the speaker.

thats super weird. i have a mini 1 and there is no latency

@docshermsticks said:
thats super weird. i have a mini 1 and there is no latency

Same here. Zero latency w/a 1/8” stereo in.