This battle will place focus on one of the more daunting but interesting parts of the OP-1: the live performance!
- Set a loop range in the tape anywhere from two to eight bars
- You may use a maximum of two loops and switch between them at will (hint: while the tape is playing inside a loop, shift + < or > will move the loop range to the left or right by the same length as the loop, but will finish the current loop before switching. use this to seamlessly transition between your selections)
- Arrange your tracks as necessary, then commit a live performance to the album (edit: or a daw if necessary - see comments)
- You can use any tricks the OP-1 has to offer, including mixing, muting and unmuting tracks, lifting and dropping, tweaking effects parameters, playing notes live over the tape, recording more to the tape during your performance, etc. -- anything is fair game as long as you stay within your loop!
- The song can be any length, although one minute at minimum would be preferable
- Any outside samples are welcome. This time the OP-1 is just your performance tool, feel free to push it to its limit
- Deadline will be July 15
Hopefully for many of us this challenge will push us to explore a side of the OP-1 that is intimidating and easily ignored. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!