Unity / OP-Z / Development

I know that there’s already a Unity OP-Z thread on here but I wanted to start a new discussion focusing on working in Unity directly, sharing tips and tricks, etc.

Anyone here start working with official Github files in Unity already? I’d love to hear your thoughts and how you brought the files into Unity. This is for the newbies (such as myself) who want to learn more about creating visuals so all the help is really appreciated!

First learn to navigate unity on its own as well as 3d model/rig/animate using other 3d programs

@Mantastic0 said:
First learn to navigate unity on its own as well as 3d model/rig/animate using other 3d programs

Which modelling / rigging/ animating programs would you suggest?

@ludicrouSpeed said:

@Mantastic0 said:

Which modelling / rigging/ animating programs would you suggest?

there’s a ton to choose from, really its all about what you know. If you’re starting from scratch try downloading blender at blender.org and looking at some videos online. blenderguru.com is a good place to start learning but google is your friend. If you have more money to burn I’d look into Cinema 4d

Thankyou @Mantastic0

It’s an exciting prospect. I wonder if I can learn anything significant before I become overwhelmed. Good speed to me.

@ludicrouSpeed said:
Thankyou @Mantastic0

It’s an exciting prospect. I wonder if I can learn anything significant before I become overwhelmed. Good speed to me.

Don’t worry about the scope of the programs just learn to navigate the program and model some stuff and you’ll pick it up. The amount of 3d stuff that you can use the videolab toolkit with is greatly outweighed by the amount of things you can do straight out of a 3d program. Just think about what 3d models you want in your visuals and what you want them to do and work backwards. I’m pretty sure a lot of the actual animating of the geometry is done in the unity engine. I still need to learn more about it since I’m more familiar with the unreal engine