Bug Report: free value LFO on sample start time has no effect on sound

Is this the same for everyone? Such a bummer, I was excited to easily add some variation to a sliced sample via the LFO applied to sample green… Visually you can see it move while you’re playing, but you can hear no difference. I’m on 225.

Ok just checked,on two different OS’s.
On the drum sampler it doesn’t work, while on the synth it does.
Must be something to do with no poly/mono/legato on drums, just it’s one shot behavior. The drum synth updates it’s visuals late too so that’s while it’s still moving-it’s actually just showing the first drum hit which is modulating start only after note on msg.
Nice idea btw,it sounded good for sample variation on the synth.

@Spheric_El said:
Must be something to do with no poly/mono/legato on drums, just it’s one shot behavior. The drum synth updates it’s visuals late too so that’s while it’s still moving-it’s actually just showing the first drum hit which is modulating start only after note on msg.

Thanks for checking :slight_smile: yeah, I should have mentioned that I meant drum sampler. I wonder if they’ll fix it…

maybe send them an email let them know? if u haven’t already

@docshermsticks said:
maybe send them an email let me know? if u haven’t already

Good idea :slight_smile:

@Spheric_El said:

cc: @docshermsticks

Hey dudes, I was testing this further, and even on synth sampler, assigning a free value slowest lfo to blue parameter on T1, responds visually as you would expect, but the sound seems broken… Let me explain, suppose you had a sampler of someone saying “A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P” across the twelve seconds, visually you would see the blue sample start value move from smoothly across the letters and expect to hear something like “a a a ay y y y y eeee b b b b bee bee bee e e ee ee s ss sss ssee see see ee d d d d , etc” but instead you hear something like “A A A A A A A D D D D D D D H H H H H H H H K K K K K”, so it’s not actually smoothly adjusting the sample start time, but seems to be moving in intervals…

This is strange, especially considering that when you assign the same type of lfo to white or green parameter T1, ie loop start time, the green to white loop time is adjusted smoothly as expected…

…did you checked the envelope in the lfo? Sometimes ramp up doesnt affect to the sound…

@Rackes said:
…did you checked the envelope in the lfo? Sometimes ramp up doesnt affect to the sound…
Thanks but I think you’re referring to the tremolo LFO? I’m using value LFO.

The op-1 is a strange beast even when it comes to legato and mono,not always operating consistently, leaving me confused.
I was wondering if this effects the free value lfo behaviour (not sure why).
Still seems like a potentially useful effect for waveform variation on synth, even if it’s glitchy. Not exactly the sample playback control you were after I guess.

For sure :slight_smile: