Can you record to tape directly from Line In?

Hi everyone. Just joined the group and I’m hoping to buy an OP-1 soon. I have a question about recording to tape. Does the tape record only from sounds within the unit (synth, drums) or can you record straight to tape from outside (Line in, External mic) ?
I see all kinds of demos for sampling into the synth and drum section, but wasn’t sure whether you could have a longer audio segment that could just go straight to tape.

You can record to tape from internal engines, line in, mic or from the master output (i.e. a bounce).

Keep in mind that line in to tape incurs cpu noise, unlike line in to sampler… However, good gain will minimise noise.

@quietmusic, this tune was predominantly line in, direct to tape… I boosted the input as much as possible before it hit the op1. Pretty happy w/ the result, the op1 has a fun sound to it.

https://youtu.be/vOLwxsWMlbY

You make lovely music you & your family bro @ludicrouSpeed -love that,lines being blurred between acoustic and electronic, with a beautiful song.

@Spheric_El said:
You make lovely music you & your family bro @ludicrouSpeed -love that,lines being blurred between acoustic and electronic, with a beautiful song.

Thanks @Spheric_El :smiley: