Distortion/clipping with synths and artifacts

Ok, I have now had my OP-1 for a couple of weeks… Here are some issues I am experiencing

I am experiencing clipping on some of the synths. Keep in mind, I do not have the drive up and the level meter on the right side is not going into the red. I have tried it with and without effects. I also performed a factory reset and am running the latest os. Some of the clipping is happening on the preset patches too. Is there something I am missing that is causing the clipping? It’s not on all patches. Is there an independent gain for each synth or is it controlled by the mixer only?

Digital artifacts.
Are they a normal part of operation? It seems I get some random ones from time to time. Obviously, when I use the built in effects I notice it more but at times when I am doing live tweaking of the synth while recording I notice it the strongest.

Never had clipping issues, maybe something down the chain that does the clipping?

For the clipping try turning down the record level with the orange knob in the tape screen.

Are you using headphones when experiencing the artifacts? Some cheaper headphones have been thought to contribute to digital artifacts, but they won’t make it to your final bounce if you record to album. Noises also make an appearance when the OP-1 is connected to a computer via USB.

I also feel like my OP-1 makes more noise when there is a lot of data on it and I haven’t done a factory reset in a while.

For the clipping try turning down the record level with the orange knob in the tape screen.

Are you using headphones when experiencing the artifacts? Some cheaper headphones have been thought to contribute to digital artifacts, but they won’t make it to your final bounce if you record to album. Noises also make an appearance when the OP-1 is connected to a computer via USB.

I also feel like my OP-1 makes more noise when there is a lot of data on it and I haven’t done a factory reset in a while.

That's interesting . I've been using my op1 through hs80 speakers and hd25 headphones. I recently bought some TE PX-0 earphones and have noticed a considerable increase in artefacts (if that's what you call them) when the record level is high. This is especially evident on the DJTW808 kit.

I was going to ask if the digital artefacts are really there or just in these earphones which would be pretty disappointing considering they are designed to go with the op1.

I think those headphones are designed to look like the OP-1. They certainly are not a no-compromises, top end in-ear monitor.

Yep, I realise that now. Two minutes in my ears, uncomfortable and not great sounding. Should have spent the money on a good set of studio headphones to replace the hd25s which are too bassy.

I had good results with the ATH M50 from Audio Technica until a dog chewed through the cable. I replaced them with the more affordable Sony Mdr7506 I have also been happy with thus far.

Thanks @Lymtronics just pulled the trigger on a pair of M50s (reduced price).