OP-Z launches in the US on July 30th for $599

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiUD6Jlgyx4/

Oh yeah!

Woohoo!

Looks like release date is October 2018 in Europe now.

@manny where did you get that info?

Finnish verkkokauppa.com just updated their availability info, and they say it’s August

Anyone heard from Sweetwater on release date recently?

i had talked to my rep, and he said that TE is shipping to retailers on july 30 (implying that retailers like sweet water would then ship out the middle of august). but i wouldn’t trust my rep farther than i can throw him…

hihi

I quit my OP-Z preorder today as due date is October in Nederlands. I decided to get a secondhand ipad pro for 420 euro and go that route for sampling and sequencing on the move. Size is not idea but price is right for features.

anyone here still committing to buying an OP-Z? i’m starting to have second thoughts and thinking about putting that money towards an organelle or monome norns. i thought it’d be cool to have a sequencer with Unity support but after doing some more research on /r/synthesizers, i’m feeling that i’ll get way more value out of other hardware for the price :confused:

@maximumzing said:
anyone here still committing to buying an OP-Z? i’m starting to have second thoughts and thinking about putting that money towards an organelle or monome norns. i thought it’d be cool to have a sequencer with Unity support but after doing some more research on /r/synthesizers, i’m feeling that i’ll get way more value out of other hardware for the price :confused:

Look into the elektron digitone, another sequencer based synth for a similar price tag to the Op-z. I personally am still holding out to see how the Op-z turns out. Regarding the unity thing, I’ve told everyone I can and nobody seems to get it. THE OP-Z DOESNT HAVE ANY SPECIAL SECRET VISUAL INGREDIENT IF YOU HAVE MIDI YOU CAN CONTROL UNITY OP-Z OR NOT.

I put my money on an Organelle. Haven’t had much time to play with it yet, but isn’t the “instant musical fun” the OP-1 was.
That said, I’ll still get the OP-Z as soon as possible.

@Sparky said:
I put my money on an Organelle. Haven’t had much time to play with it yet, but isn’t the “instant musical fun” the OP-1 was.
That said, I’ll still get the OP-Z as soon as possible.

I played with one of those once, it was definitely cool but not something I’d drop a lot of money on