Arturia Keystep - query and WTB (UK)

I don’t see why not but can anyone confirm if the Keystep receives sync in from the OP1 fine? I am looking for a way for my OP1 to be master clock without using the USB.

Also, is anyone in the UK looking to sell one? :slight_smile:

I can test this for you later tonight if no one answers first. I’m in the US, so it’ll be very late for you :smile:

I’m not sure the Pocket Operator’s sync have enough power to be the master clock with the KeyStep…the keystep can be the master and you can sync up the POs, but not the other way around. I could be wrong on this, but I haven’t been able to get it to work with the PO as the master. Having the Keystep as the master works fine for me though

Thanks @sammyjams!

And thanks @p0k but wondering about the OP1 sync mode, not pocket operators.

Any opinions on the keystep in general? Looking for a controller for iOS, Organelle, Circuit and Monotribe (via CV adaptor) and this board looks ideal.

OP1 sync is about the same level as the PO. around 1V.

i don’t have a key step but anything i’ve had trouble syncing w/ one, i’ve had trouble syncing w/ the other.
do they say what voltages the key step can accept?

I can’t find anything about voltages for the keystep. Some folk seem to have had syncing problems in general, others not. I am guessing I could also go via Monotribe if I had to… OP1 >> Monotribe >> Keystep.

most things are 3V-5V atleast i would guess.
since keystep is usb powered (i think?) it likely max out at 5
or squash anything over 5

i actually recently (like a few days ago) made my own lil gadget to split & amplify the sync level to 5V
works super solid now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oGuOs5eMgU

@ghostly606 said:
Thanks @sammyjams!

And thanks @p0k but wondering about the OP1 sync mode, not pocket operators.

Any opinions on the keystep in general? Looking for a controller for iOS, Organelle, Circuit and Monotribe (via CV adaptor) and this board looks ideal.

Guess I should read more closely! haha. I haven’t tired syncing the OP-1 with it yet, I’ll try it out when I can if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

dope vid, @docshermsticks

thanks g! <# @eesn