How to map out synth patches correctly

Alright, so I have an 808 sample and it’s playing an f sharp. I want to make a synth patch out of it but I don’t know how to map it out correctly across the keyboard. I want it so when I press f sharp it plays the original sample, opposed to it playing f sharp when I hit middle c. That way everything makes sense chromatically and I can just focus on the tuning. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you.

I think there’s a few ways to achieve this.

1. sample into the synth sampler by pressing the f# key (should work)

2. re-sample

3. use drum sampler and manually tune each key W/ blue knob.

That could work but I was thinking more of loading the sample onto my op 1 as a synth patch from my computer so I won’t have to repeat the process everytime I want to make a beat.

It makes sense to use that part of that sample in the synth sampler, and save it as a new patch that you will be able to rename later with the computer. Am i missing something ?

@TiboDzi said:
It makes sense to use that part of that sample in the synth sampler, and save it as a new patch that you will be able to rename later with the computer. Am i missing something ?

Oh yeah, I forgot about snapshots. I could make the patch by doing what ludicrou said, save it then rename it on my computer for convenience. Thanks, that actually solves my problem then. :smile: