Bar markers have shifted (don't line up with recording in tape mode)

I recorded some jams this week and one of them is good enough to work on.

Today i opened the OP1 and saw that the bars in tape mode don’t line up with the recordings.
I’m afraid this is caused by myself recording a little take afterwards, with a different BPM.

Is this something known ion the OP1? I’m trying to get the bars back to the beginning but can’t find out how.
I’ve record in the original BPM but that doesn’t help.

Anybody got a clue how to get my recording back on the grid?

The grid markers are defined by the BPM. If you record with one BPM and then change the BPM your recordings will be “off grid”. Reverting back to the BPM at which you recorded the audio will fix this but then anything else recorded at this different BPM will then be “off grid”.

Thanks Ghostly!

I tried recording in the original BPM. If this should reset the bars, than apparently I had the BPM wrong.
I’ll try again!

Set the loop points around the audio take, by highlighting it and pressing shift & 3, then use the tap tempo button to home in on the bpm.

is there any way to set the tempo by loop length? I often have different tempo tracks on the tape and would be nice to be able to set the bpm from the track, rather than having to remember a bunch of different bpm’s!

I don’t remember where I picked this tip up from, but it’s really helped me. Using the sampler, I just record myself speaking the BPM then record that to tape at the beginning of each piece.

I use multiples of 10 based on a tip I read here. Still some guesswork, but not much.

@l0c said:
I don’t remember where I picked this tip up from, but it’s really helped me. Using the sampler, I just record myself speaking the BPM then record that to tape at the beginning of each piece.

Doesn’t really help playing live!