Your favorite gear to pair up with the OP-1?

Hey yall!

The OP-1 is own to be a more standalone workstation but I was wondering what are some of your favorite gear that you like to pair up with the OP-1, and why? I'm looking for some ideas.

thank you!

Comments

• My MV8800, as it is a stereo sampler... to be honest though the OP does work best for me when on its own, as you mention. Just so much to explore on it as it stands - throwing yet more variables into the mix results in options paralysis, for me anyway!
  • For me a portable field recorder is invaluable. I often record samples into the op1 from what I’ve collected and I also use it to jam back out to so I’m not limited to the record players duration limit. Organelle paired with it is great fit, I mainly use fx patches on it. iPad apps like fugue machine via an oplab are good fun too.
  • Man- two bits of gear is amazing when one is OP-1.
    It's been said that Octatrack and op-1 ends all gas. It is true they work so well firing at each other and is ultimate.
    Another Op 1 is my usual answer to a 2nd synth companion and yes that's a total buzz.Double heaven, but since it's shot up in price it's not as viable.
    So anything with a click sync is good.Volcas(FM or keys),monotribe and ofcourse pocket operators!
  • Yea, the portability aspect of the synth is key for me. I'm just thinking that maybe i could add something else to it Maybe a better mic?

the Volca keys do seem tempting, 
  • I love recording synth notes, drum beats, and everything in between to a cassette player then bouncing things back for some tape mojo. Sometimes i'll bounce back and forth adding layers of FX until the original source is obliterated!  
  • Man- two bits of gear is amazing when one is OP-1.
    It's been said that Octatrack and op-1 ends all gas. It is true they work so well firing at each other and is ultimate.
    Another Op 1 is my usual answer to a 2nd synth companion and yes that's a total buzz.Double heaven, but since it's shot up in price it's not as viable.
    So anything with a click sync is good.Volcas(FM or keys),monotribe and ofcourse pocket operators!
    ditto, octatrack or really any sampler really brings the op1 to life imo
  • MPC Live. I bounce samples back and forth between the two and then finally end up with the samples and loops on the MPC Live and melodic of solo instrumentation on the OP-1. Both travel well but battery and size are much nicer with OP-1.

• sonically, the strymon elCapistan is a match made in heaven

• Favourite Op1 buddies -

IPad (usually running Quantum>OP1 and OP1>Looperverse).
    Octatrack.
    Dictaphone.

• I love it with my MPC touch as the command center and the OP1 is free to just be an instrument. Also OP1 with my guitar is a infinity well.