Deluge owners?

Any on here?

Close (again…) to pulling the trigger on one. Wondering how the synth engines and fx compare to op1? Haven’t really liked a lot of the sounds I’ve heard online, but that’s often been the case on units that i’ve loved after I had them in hand…

I have had one in the basket at least 4 times :smiley:

GAS is huge for this thing. But I already have some other gear to learn…

I have had one in the basket at least 4 times :D
GAS is huge for this thing. But I already have some other gear to learn...

Haha yeah sounds exactly like my recurrent deluge ‘do i/don’t i’ routine too :wink: I should just focus on my current gear like you mention. Wise words! I haven’t even updated OT and Organelle to recent OS’s yet :confused: Goddamn gas!

Would love any comments/opinions on the Deluge and the 2.0 software…seriously looking at getting one of these as an all-in-one. Thanks.

i’m downloading the v2 right now. i just got my deluge yesterday, but man this thing is great fun, just like te stuff. i bought it because i think it has great workflow, just like the op-1 but with the best sequencer ever. now the waiting for op-z isn’t so painful.

Anyone else have some insight into Deluge as an OP-1 partner? I make the vast majority of my music primarily on the OP in the little bits of time I can find to work, often on the couch or at the kitchen table, usually at least one person is asleep nearby. I have some other synth modules but they mostly get ignored because they aren’t capable of enough on their own, and by the time I hook things up I’ve lost my inspiration. So planning to sell some of that stuff and grab another all-in-one type of box that would work well as both an alternative to the OP (something else I can use to make more or less full songs by itself) as well as a partner (different strengths and different workflow, more sequencing based) when I want to pull both out. Sampling is important to me, as is live recording into the sequencer. Deluge looks like a solid option, as does the Rytm MKII. Anyone pairing your OP-1 with either of those machines?

I have deluge and op-1. They work pretty well with each other. You can plug OP-1 output to deluge input and have a live input of the op-1 playing thru Deluge. From there you can use deluge efx, filters, etc. to modify the OP-1’s sounds coming in (then maybe sample/resample the audio). You can do the reverse and record deluge output to OP-1 tape or sampler. Also if you have pocket operators deluge can send cv to sync them then route the audio back into deluge.

Great to hear. Thanks for the your thoughts! Certainly looking like it might be the one for me. Unfortunately they look to be a few months away from having a fresh supply to sell.

Does it sample in stereo? Haven’t been able to confirm that from what I’ve read. Would be a big plus over Analog Rytm, which is the other machine I’m considering.

It samples mono or stereo.

Currently (kind of reluctantly…) considering an mpc live vs deluge. Really in to the deluge from vids but lack of full info on screen just feels like it’d be painful for some of the things I’m looking at the mpc live to use it for… Arghhh! decisions :confused:

Kinda forgot about that one. I was really excited about the MPC Live when it came out and then for some reason stopped following it. I should take another look. Though i would also feel reluctant about it, looks like Deluge has a nice community popping up around it. For me MPC Live is a bit too much screen, though when I had a 1000 I wished for more screen/shallower menus. So I should be more excited about it.

I guess editing a sample on Deluge is currently like on an SP404? The forthcoming waveform view using the grid lights looks pretty cool.

@skintechnician said:
It samples mono or stereo.

That’s great. Thank you!

I have the Deluge…It’s awesome, but I just haven’t used it enough to really know all the shortcuts and tricks. Because of the lack of a big screen it isn’t as intuitive as other machines. so powerful, but i sometimes find myself going for other stuff I don’t have to refer to the manual as much on. I just need to use it like crazy for a bit to get more comfortable I think.

@p0k said:
I have the Deluge…It’s awesome, but I just haven’t used it enough to really know all the shortcuts and tricks. Because of the lack of a big screen it isn’t as intuitive as other machines. so powerful, but i sometimes find myself going for other stuff I don’t have to refer to the manual as much on. I just need to use it like crazy for a bit to get more comfortable I think.

You should try to make a few tracks! I also have it from 2 months ago, and it is really easy to use. Just get your hands over it and try to make something.

This is something I uploaded yesterday. Recorded directly to the SD card and into Logic for a light mastering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9pY1YkWqZ4

1 Like

Nice Disco edit!

@mcpepe said:

@p0k said:

You should try to make a few tracks! I also have it from 2 months ago, and it is really easy to use. Just get your hands over it and try to make something.

for sure! Your video sounds great…also, my last name is Pepe, are we related??? haha

@p0k said:

@mcpepe said:

@p0k said:

for sure! Your video sounds great…also, my last name is Pepe, are we related??? haha

Maybe…hehe