Anyone using Op-1 and BeatMaker 3? Disabling auto-play?

Having a blast chopping up my op-1 loops in Beatmaker3 on the iPad - anyone else try this?
They’re connected with the CCK, and I’m running the audio back in to sample back to the op-1 tape.

Only problem is, BeatMaker plays automatically whenever I use the play button on the op-1 - would like to turn this off but it’s already marked as disabled in the Midi mapping for BM3 - can’t seem to find the setting to turn it off. Anyone else run into this?

I just had a brain fart…did you disable in BM3 through “SETTINGS/ MIDI FOCUS ACTIONS/ TRANSPORT: PLAY” or somewhere else?
That should unbind the the OP-1 Play button from BM3, if not I’m confused.

How do you get your OP-1 audio into the iPad for chopping? Minijack input or USB audio interface with CCK?
Or do you use BM3 pads to play chops that are on the OP-1 drum sampler?

Do you have any videos with an example of your workflow?

Hey thanks for the awesome responses 3SLEEVES -
yeah that’s the MIDI mapping - it says like the others - I’ve even tried binding to to something else, still no luck - it’s like the behavior is built in at a deeper level.
No videos yet but I’m getting ready to start posting. I’ve been adding op-1 loops to my Instagram posts, just performing them with the tape controls so far. I’ve been kind of shy, only been using the op-1 and making music for a few months so far! Hitting it hard though, I’m addicted.

My setup is pretty simple - just an audio line in from the iPad’s mini jack to the op-1, and the op-1’s usb into the CCK to the iPad. Using the op-1 in OP-1 mode because I love the layered synths as you mentioned and I like using the op-1 sequencer with a mute preset to drive iPad synths. I still don’t completely understand what the iRig is for, I may need to get one. I use a Behringer audio interface to record back into the iPad but that’s only when I’m putting sound onto my videos.

I’m exporting my op-1 album recordings to Audioshare and importing those into the BM3 sampler. All my loops are 4 bars, 120 bpm so I can easily auto-slice them onto BM3 pads. So then I can play them as samples, like music Legos. Most of the time they’re too complicated to sound great, but the opportunity for happy accidents is there. That play button bug is the only thing holding me back, I keep turning off the mic on the op-1 or reaching up to stop the BM3 transport.

i think u can also stop the op1 tape from sending start/stop/clock in the first place.

the different modes on the tape screen. beat match, sync, etc.

Thanks docshermsticks- just tried that, each setting on the metronome screen has the same effect, play on op-1 = play on BM3.
I’m wondering if this is some additional non-midi function somehow. BM3 support asked if I had Ableton Link on my iPad; its disabled on BM3 as well.

Midiflow app should be able to filter that out.

yea my bad i just looked at it w/ a midi monitor program.

u can stop the clock pulses from sending. but in all the modes it still sends start/stop/continue messages :frowning:

Midiflow app should be able to filter that out.
Thanks I didn’t know that existed- I’ll give it a shot.

yea my bad i just looked at it w/ a midi monitor program.

u can stop the clock pulses from sending. but in all the modes it still sends start/stop/continue messages :frowning:

Yeah I’m starting to think this is the culprit - though BM3 support says that it doesn’t listen to any clocks, only Ableton Link. So maybe the op-1 is automatically sending to Ableton Link?

Also - for anyone else having this problem - I noticed that it stops when I disable any looping in BM3 - so if I uncheck the loop button, and make sure none of the patterns are selected - choosing “Play Song” for each bank, then the autoplay doesn’t happen.