Roland TB-03 and other Boutique Friends (PC Help)

Tempted by the £303 price of the TB-03 and quite fancy grabbing either the 808 or 909 boutique too.

Anyone else using these in combination with a PC?
I’d like to know if it’s possible to have the audio via USB for multiple boutiques coming in as individual channels into Ableton Live.
I read somewhere that it’s only possible to do on Macs using ‘aggregate device’ ?

i haven’t tried it, but aggregate device makes sense.

since each boutique is like its own audio interface in this configuration
u need to setup an aggregate to combine multiple interfaces to use them simultaneously.

all of the boutiques have audio inputs don’t they?
u might be able to daisy chain them w/ audio cables then plug the last one in via usb…?

it was maybe 5 or so years ago, but i didn’t have a great experience trying the aggregate device w/ two interfaces.
it worked was just hella buggy

Mac user here, but can confirm aggregating with the boutiques works great and I havn’t had any issue doing so with my TR-09

Sometimes I wish I had a mac :wink:

Yeah doesnt look like its possible on PC.
I saw something about ASIO4ALL maybe having an agregate so will check this out.
If i end up getting some i really dont want to faff about with lots of audio cables and have to buy a mixer when it SHOULD just all work via USB :frowning:

“should”…

A little update here. I went round to a mates who has a few of the boutiques. We plugged the 303 and Jupiter into a USB hub and into my PC.

I had installed ASIO4ALL which allows an aggregate kind of setup.
The PC saw all devices and I could aggregate them in ASIO4ALL.
The midi was working over USB as when I pressed play on AbletonLive it would start.
We couldn’t get the sound to come through though. But we didn;t delve very deep as I said I’d do that in my own time.
Maybe going to see if I can borrow the 303 for a while to follow some tutorials to see if I can get it working.

Again, in theory … it SHOULD! :wink: