PO-33 KO owners - questions / observations

Please pin this post.

Let’s reserve this space for users of the PO 33 KO. Please chime in. Got my KO today, so I’ll start w/ a question for other users. (This is my first PO):

When I turn the pots, the numeric gauges on the chosen parameter lurch pretty unpredictably by 15-20 points. Going from, say, 100 to 102 is impossible.

Is this typical of all PO’s?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

This happens to me if I’m rapidly hitting the 1-16 buttons. If I give it time to play the sample, and slow my roll, it doesn’t jump. Notice this a lot with the drum side. When I give little pauses as I go, it’s much better than tap tap tap while trying to turn.

1 Like

I think you got a dud, I’d ask for a replacement… I have 3 POs… 12, 20 & 28…

My 28 has a dodgy tuning pot, and it makes some functions really impossible to control… No issue on the other ones…

That’s my thoughts on it.
1 Like
I think you got a dud, I'd ask for a replacement... I have 3 POs... 12, 20 & 28...

My 28 has a dodgy tuning pot, and it makes some functions really impossible to control... No issue on the other ones...

That's my thoughts on it.

Thanks. I did a hard reset, and everything was roses afterward. It was wonky as hell… the sound would randomly begin warping, and screen messages were all over the place.

1 Like
I think you got a dud, I'd ask for a replacement... I have 3 POs... 12, 20 & 28...

My 28 has a dodgy tuning pot, and it makes some functions really impossible to control... No issue on the other ones...

Thanks. I did a hard reset, and everything was roses afterward. It was wonky as hell… the sound would randomly begin warping, and screen messages were all over the place.

How do you hard reset?

1 Like

How do you hard reset?

Hold Pattern+write when inserting the batteries
1 Like

if you press sound + bpm it displays the following:

BAT (battery status)

SEC (sample time left)

CPU

REL

ULT

any clue, what REL and ULT could be?
1 Like

Does anyone know what the KO’s sample rate is? It sounds lovely and grungy, but adds loads of artefacts to bass sounds in particular.

1 Like

I’m a little confused over the way samples are cut in the Drums slots. I’ve read somewhere that the PO analyses the transients and cuts accordingly. But it never seems to work for me… I’ve tried different volume, different drums samples, nothing really works. It seems kinda random. The only way I was able to have something I could work with was to record a whole measure of drums (no more no less). So I’m wondering: is the PO really using the transients is it just cutting the sample in 16th? (Which is fine by me. It’s just a little trickier)

1 Like

@CimryaDeal yes it can be a bit hit and miss, I found the best results when just playing the sounds manually one after the other, I think it just looks for brief pauses, so loops do not tend to chop very well, but you can quite quickly fine tune the slices even though the pots are a bit imprecise it isn’t too bad.

1 Like

It’s 8 bit.

2 Likes

This info is from another forum:

1 Like

I have been having a weird issue with the KO i just got today where when I adjust the trim of one of the drum slots it sometimes changes the start and end points of other drum slots…

anyone else experienced this? just tried hard reset no dice
1 Like
I have been having a weird issue with the KO i just got today where when I adjust the trim of one of the drum slots it sometimes changes the start and end points of other drum slots...

anyone else experienced this? just tried hard reset no dice

I think this might be caused by the wiggly pots. Because the values are still jumping around shortly after you turn them you gotta give it a second until you press the next button/slot. Otherwise it will change that slots value as well.

Hope this helps you out.
1 Like

I think this might be caused by the wiggly pots. Because the values are still jumping around shortly after you turn them you gotta give it a second until you press the next button/slot. Otherwise it will change that slots value as well.

Hope this helps you out.

ahhhh I see. Is that an issue that is on all KO’s or just some?

1 Like

Hope this helps you out.

Mine is the same

1 Like

Hope this helps you out.

Same case for mine. Before you begin trimming press the slot you are going to modify a few times without touching the encoders.

1 Like
if you press sound + bpm it displays the following:

BAT (battery status)

SEC (sample time left)

CPU

REL

ULT

any clue, what REL and ULT could be?

I would like to know this as well.

1 Like

I think REL is the release version, ULT I have no clue.

1 Like

I’d guess REL to be software release version. My Tonic says 320 (just after letting go of the sound+bpm buttons when REL is displayed.

1 Like