Experience w/ TE repair service?

Hello, gang.

My OP-1 has been in the hands of TE’s authorized repair agent in the US. It took almost 2 weeks, after it was received, to acknowledge receipt and issue me a quote. So I paid. It was quoted as 1/2 an hour labor. 10 days since, and I’ve heard nothing RE: a return tracking #, etc.

Can anyone in the US whom has been through this process w/ them, please relate your experience to me?

Thanks.

Comments

• I sent my first email on Jan 26th, and after agonizing waits between troubleshooting emails to get the link to the RMA, I havent gotten a response or a shipping address for the US repair center. This post doesnt give me hope for a swift repair.... In pretty much every thread regarding support I've searched up there is always a post about them being slow. I would send a follow up email. Good luck.
  • I sent my first email on Jan 26th, and after agonizing waits between troubleshooting emails to get the link to the RMA, I havent gotten a response or a shipping address for the US repair center. This post doesnt give me hope for a swift repair.... In pretty much every thread regarding support I've searched up there is always a post about them being slow. I would send a follow up email. Good luck.
    The whole affair took nearly a month, but I got my shipping notification today from the Repairs dept.
  • I’m curious about where in the States that the repair office is. California? Good to hear your OP-1 is on the way back!
  • I’m curious about where in the States that the repair office is. California? Good to hear your OP-1 is on the way back!
    Georgia.
    The whole affair took nearly a month, but I got my shipping notification today from the Repairs dept.
    Yep, I got the address(finally!) and shipped it. A week ago I got my received and inspected email and promptly paid. Waiting on my return shipping email...
    Georgia.
    If the OP-1 was sent to the same person* that Elektron had me send a Monomachine in for repair, then your OP-1 was in very good hands.

I'm now reading through my old email thread from that time, and it took time for me to send the unit to the repair person, time to diagnose the issue, time for Elektron to send the correct part to GA (since not every possible part is kept in stock, especially obscure ones), and then time to send the unit back to me. It took about a month, all told. It felt like forever, but it wasn't.

* who also happens to be nice person, and noted avant-garde electronic musician with several decades working with modular synthesis