Sweetwater rep just told me they received OP-Z pricing and availability. It's not pretty.

I just got off the phone with my Sweetwater rep and he said they have received pricing and availability for the OP-Z. Retail price will be $599 and the first units are supposed to be available at the end of April.

Already discussed here: https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4100/some-breaking-op-z-news/p1

599 dollars is a painful amount!

please say you got the price wrong and its 399! :wink:

You know what’s painfull?
Europeans will probably pay €649,- or €699,- ($800,- to $900,-)

i hear you! i would say 679 euro, Im totally gutted!! i also got confirmation from sweetwater on the estimated 599 dollars pricing. I live in europe.

Do you know what´s really painful? :slight_smile:

In Brazil it will cost 1200 dollars. Yeah. Double the price! :smiley: And our minimum wage is 250 USD. :´(

Ouch! Can’t you use some Brazilian jujitsu on Teenage Engineering. They need to think about others a little more.

I’m not sure it’s all about TE… Shipping costs, import and local taxes, money change…

TE can´t do nothing - and I should praise their shipping costs (9 euros for the PO is cheaper than the brazillian postal service).

As pointed by @DJ2D, t´s basically a mix of import and local taxes + some operational costs from FEDEX. I paid yesterday 95 euros in taxes + extra FEDEX costs for the 89 euros PO Speak :´( It´s more than double the price. Damn!
Do you know what´s really painful? :)

In Brazil it will cost 1200 dollars. Yeah. Double the price! :D And our minimum wage is 250 USD. :´(

I feel like it would be cheaper for you to fly to the US and buy one. It’s small enough that you could sneak it back to Brazil without paying duties ; )

Basically is what we do here, @sammyjams. We can buy 500 USD when we travel without paying taxes, so it´s possible to bring mid-range hardware and small stuff the customs just don´t care (well, even Elektron hardware is “small enough”). But it´s fucked up because cats like me that can travel to US or Europe etc can have all the new gears but the kids need to pay like 3x or 4x time the price of the things (it´s still afordable to buy things like Pocket Operators and Volcas, but everything besides the really cheap hardware is basically impossible). It´so sad . Because of this, everybody in Brazil who doesn´t have a reasonable “day job” or is plain rich basically make beats with pirate software.

TE can sell the the op-z for a lower price 599 dollars is too expensive.

I just hope the companion app runs ok on the iphone 5S I bought 2nd hand which is the oldest model iPhone with the compatible metal graphics…

PS. If anyone is interested… I’ll be in Miami in mid march till mid april, and then I go to a bunch of places in europe: UK, iceland, Norway, Russia, etc… It’s a long shot, but if the OPZ is available when I’m in Miami, I’ll buy there, and I’d be happy to pick up an extra one or two, and bring it to any of the ports I’m at… Just need to pay me the dollaridoos.

https://www.icruise.com/ships/celebrity-cruises-celebrity-eclipse-cruise-itineraries.html this is the ship I’m playing on if you wanna check the itinerary, I’m onboard till mid July.

its not half the price of a op-1, OP-1 cost 899 dollars. TE said the OP-Z price would be between the PO and OP-1 so i expected a 450 dollar price range.

@ludicrouSpeed i clicked the link but couldn’t quite figure out when you’re in iceland… i’ll be there a ton in march, may, june, and july! hit me some dates and i’ll bring my OP-Z’s and we can jam!!!

@ludicrouSpeed i clicked the link but couldn't quite figure out when you're in iceland... i'll be there a ton in march, may, june, and july! hit me some dates and i'll bring my OP-Z's and we can jam!!!!

Yeah man!!! Whereabouts in Iceland? I’ve got like 3 overnights in Reykjavik…

critter and guitari offer a video synth that doesn’t have a third of the features and costs 499$. I’d say the OP-Z pricing sounds about right.