Is it possible to plug a Microphone into the OP1 and make recordings??!!??

Hey everyone,

I’m seriously thinking of joining the OP1 family and just need a little bit more information to push me over the edge.

I’m aware that there is a AUDIO IN on the OP1 and with the right convertor (XLR to MINI JACK) a Microphone would fit right in, BUT, til now I’ve not found anyone that has tried this so don’t know if it works.

Has anyone tried it?
Does it work?
Any other feedback?

Thanks for any information

:slight_smile:

As long as the mic doesn’t require phantom power it should work as you described.

The OP-1 records in mono on each tape track, but records stereo input in album mode.

Can you lift/sample from the album content (in stereo) ?

As long as the mic doesn't require phantom power it should work as you described.

The OP-1 records in mono on each tape track, but records stereo input in album mode.

You need a self powered mic. Like one with a battery in it. I’ve tried any passive mic does not seem to work.

Can you lift/sample from the album content (in stereo) ?

You can’t lift from album, but you can route the output of the album to tape / to drum / synth sampler. It will be summed to mono

Thanks for the info.

As long as the mic doesn't require phantom power it should work as you described.

You need a self powered mic. Like one with a battery in it. I’ve tried any passive mic does not seem to work.

So a normal Dynamic Mic won’t work? Maybe through a Pre-Amp…

I’ve used a normal dynamic mic…

I’ve used a normal dynamic mic...

and it worked fine?

I use the rode nt3. It can also be battery powered and is a very low noise mic with an excellent sound quality. It works nicely but the low quality preamp of the OP1 is still obvious. .

I’ve used a normal dynamic mic...

and it worked fine?

Yep.

Shure SM58 > XLR Female to Mini Jack > OP1 record in