YUDO NEUMAN-2

Just going to let this sit here, while I dream…
http://neuman.yudo.jp/altitude-portfolio.html

Looks very interesting. Earlier on I stumbled across this tweet…

Think it’s the same thing. Lot of hate being throwing around.

https://twitter.com/mylarmelodies/status/957009763262451717

Ouch!!! It’s horrible the way some people go about evaluating stuff.

Conceptual so far?

Ouch!!! It’s horrible the way some people go about evaluating stuff.

to be fair it looks like an abysmal product

Ok, the aesthetic is “interesting”, but has anyone heard it?

Mylar Melodies is not some average YouTuber : his videos show his skills. If he says it’s the worst product, there are chances he has some good arguments behind.

I am not really into such enormous interface (I’ve seen a capture with sliders that would take the whole height of the screen), and Mylar says it doesn’t sound good : I would tend to believe him, he’s not an easy stone thrower :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jxWOWUwFWA

Oh, and have you tried to leave your hands on a vertical touch screen for a long time ?

It’s really not a good position for the arm.
Try this for an hour, you get tired pretty fast.

And what’s wrong with knobs and cables ? All the fun with synths comes from knobs and cables and the way they interact with the sound !
Physical controls is why one choose hardware rather than software.

IMO, this product is a failure !

<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>It’s confronted with a synthesizer.
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>Please regress in a button, a control and the past.
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>I notice that there are a lot of products conscious of sound making.
<br style=“box-sizing: border-box; color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>At a studio and a stage.
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>It’s intuitive and concentrates on music and to be able to be relieved and use it
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>It’s freed from rule of a cable.
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>It concentrates on a performance intuitively.
<br style=“box-sizing: border-box; color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>A flame is transmitted.
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>Synthesizer making which plays sound
<span style=“color: rgba(31, 31, 38, 0.67); font-family: “Droid Serif”, serif; font-size: 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>It has started with the feelings.

Touch screens are a fad. No, I’m serious.

Watch.

Notice the third slide. BTW, the guy in the presentation designed most of Alesis Micron and sound engines for Ion and Fusion.

This is his latest project:

https://dynamicland.org/

The fact that many people pay thousands of dollars for hardware when they could get a passable simulation on a computer isn’t an accident. There is a lot to be gained from physical controls with solid integration.

There could be a million touch-screen devices and I would still choose a knobby version every time. The old drag-ya-finger-on-the-glass just doesn’t cut it for me at all

I gotta say I love the chinglish, and the weird scifi graphics…

It’s like a synth out of Tim and Eric awesome show… Like wtf!

I gotta say it’s impressively, outrageously bad looking. Like the opposite of a zoolander.

Oh no, I’m on the hate train :stuck_out_tongue:

I take it all back, all my love to this beautiful man, talking about his scifi death synth

Instant “no” from me. If I can clearly see the lag on the screen, that’s usually about 50ms input lag.

It could be an alright product outside of that, but my first rule is: music hardware with more than 10ms latency gets a hard no.