Something just occurred to me.. re-sampling PO to OP1

Ok so i just realised that in PO sync mode, I should be able to output sync from the OP1 to a PO and record that PO through the line in on the OP1 to tape.

Is this possible? Is there a feedback loop? do I need a splitter jack so I can listen to the op1 while still sending sync to PO?

If it is I am so getting me som PO’s!!!

Maybe I can just turn down the volume on OP1 while PO is looped back into line in for recording…

You can just sample it in without syncing. I do it all the time. PO tempos can only be set in whole numbers without sync, but still…

AND with the proper sync mode, only audio will come out of the PO, so no feedback loop.

AND with the proper sync mode, only audio will come out of the PO, so no feedback loop.
But isnt the audio from the OP1 going through to the PO and then back to the OP1?

Unless you mean theres a sync mode on the PO to not play the audio from the OP1, but then how do you hear OP1 before recording?

Yeah, use a splitter. Send the sync pulse only into the PO, and then set the PO accept sync pulse but not carry it over to the output. Then send the other (audio) out from the OP-1 into your interface/amp/etc…

Yeah, use a splitter. Send the sync pulse only into the PO, and then set the PO accept sync pulse but not carry it over to the output. Then send the other (audio) out from the OP-1 into your interface/amp/etc..
Yeah, use a splitter. Send the sync pulse only into the PO, and then set the PO accept sync pulse but not carry it over to the output. Then send the other (audio) out from the OP-1 into your interface/amp/etc..

Working on head phones so I’m thinking just jam away then plug in to op when I want to record, and just turn down op volume… I wonder if that affects volume on sync pulse… shouldn’t

You can mute the channel you’re recording to if you wanna still hear what you’re doing. Just be sure to bounce to an empty track or a track you don’t wanna be re-sampling

I think.

This is an even deeper concept when considering the new sampling POs

I think I asked something similar to this before…but can’t find it or remember answer. So I’ll ask again.

If you turn on PO-SYNC mode the headphone signal is getting split to SYNC / MONO.
Does this also apply internally? Meaning, does it record a click on the left side of the stereofield if you record to album when when PO-SYNC is on?

Yes it does. Handy.

I designed this mixer especially for recording PO jams direct to OP1 tape, no power required and it allows you to hear in headphones OP1 and POs

https://instagram.com/p/BhJ2o4pDDa3/

Or for just a single PO at a time into OP1 I designed this, it can be used with headphones also.

https://instagram.com/p/BenMWPID_wO/