Today is a sad day.

So .

I’ve been working on this amazing (in my opinion) composition for about 3 weeks now. Every day for about half an hour or so.
And today I went into disk and to storage to export it onto my macbook. To show you guys actually. and I accidently switched off as i lifted it to plug it in. Restarted and it recreated all my tracks and disk a and b.
I cri.
Lesson learned and a warning to all of you.

I did that once, then built this so I could easily sync after each session.

https://bitbucket.org/douglasbell/op1pisync

Ok so if you turn off when in disk mode it wipes the internal tracks?? Did not know this!

I always plug the OP1 into USB, then go into COM mode and start DISK Mode.

Oh yes, how sad is the day when you loose your work… I hope you manage to recover some of your ideas !

I’m really, really, really sorry to hear about you losing your work. I feel it… It might be of some small consolation to consider the infinite spring of creative ideas that we continue to have access to. That being said, I mourn with you.

So switching it off while in disk mode, while plugged in erases the tape? Or does it sometimes happen?

I'm really, really, really sorry to hear about you losing your work. I feel it... It might be of some small consolation to consider the infinite spring of creative ideas that we continue to have access to. That being said, I mourn with you.

So switching it off while in disk mode, while plugged in erases the tape? Or does it sometimes happen?

feel free to try and find out, I’l never be doing that again:)))

I will try to test this after a backup… Would be good to know if it was an anomaly. Got some new beats?